Really dont get it ! why the downsize when there is more options.

belfast

Inspired
Im going to buy the Axe3, but why are FAS only making a fc 6 and fc12 we have Mfc17 (+ 4 Function) now
and if they are suggesting just getting a fc12 and fc6 should they not make one without the Led no need to pay for 2 with LED Panel (which are very expensive)
unfortunately RMJ Mastermind gt22 are not really an option here in Denmark when you calculate shipping and import tax it comes to around $2600

Also the FCs are configurable per preset, which gives you much more specific control than the MFC. I started off with the MFC and ended up ditching it for a Mastermind GT for this very reason. Why have a Drive 2 button when half your presets don't even use 2 drives, for example?

Essentially these days it seems a product doesn't appeal to one specific individuals unique needs its a failure

People complain the MCF is way too big, too many switches, they only need a handful, why doesn't FAC make something smaller. They make a small and medium option, someone else complains its not enough, and why should they chain 2 together. Why didn't FAS produce the exact number of switches they need.

Essentially every item should be custom produced I guess, but then folks would bitch about how long it takes to get an order filled and the price.

These days a new product needs to be ready to purchase as soon as the buyer has the money, needs to have specs that meet the users exacting needs, and it needs to be priced at a point that fits the users budget. If any of those 3 things aren't meet its a failure and a thread needs to be starting.

Here I was, thinking, "Finally! The FC6 is perfect, it's exactly what I was hoping for."

Seriously, I automate live, but I still need a controller for expression pedals, and DAW control, so the smaller the better. For me, the 6 IS a step up.

I like the new pedals, to me the MFC was overkill, the FC6 will work great for many who need control, but want a small footprint, for me the FC 12 is ideal, but they may offer a larger one at some point, still if you used both units you have 18 and could probably organize things so you're not dancing between the 2 FCs...you could have up to 8 expression pedals attached that way too I think, though that would seem a bit over the top for most!

Wow Take it easy.... ;-) Im the biggest fan of FAS products, i even arranged the very first Danish Axe meet and constantly trying to convince people to switch to Axe

Fas wrote that the LED display was very expensive, so it make sense to make a FC 6 and FC12 without display along with a normal version that have display.
Also we all have different ways we like our gear, i love my MFC with expansion and 2 expression, but missing long press, scribble strips, different pedals on different presets ...And Btw im getting the axefx3 as soon as its my turn on the waiting list.

I use 5 presets and 5 scenes and loads of stomp, so i can go from clean to a lot of drive on all patches i know other are doing song per preset but that´s not for me.. it seems to me that most people love the mfc and the ones that can afford it buys GT22 which probably what i would do if i was in US, that said i love the fact that my cables between head and FC is just a simple XLR...
I want a small bord (FC6) for my acoustic rig, but the way that my main gigs are i need to be very versatile....

I haven't read through all the threads about the fc as it was more conjecture and complaint than factual info IMO. If there's a second function per button option like on the liquid foot, a 6 button pedal actually as 12 directly accessible buttons. Furthermore if there are pages, than you could easily have access to a ridiculous amount of buttons.

I haven't read through all the threads about the fc as it was more conjecture and complaint than factual info IMO. If there's a second function per button option like on the liquid foot, a 6 button pedal actually as 12 directly accessible buttons. Furthermore if there are pages, than you could easily have access to a ridiculous amount of buttons.
The buttons are multi-function... But things like long press don't necessarily work for everyone's workflow.

However, between layouts and multi-function, it should be very flexible!

Just thinking out loud here:

With a unit with X amount of capabilities you may need tons of Buttons\switches. But unit that can perform many multitasking operations within one button, maybe you do not need so many stinkin buttons.....Just sayin :)

Just thinking out loud here:

With a unit with X amount of capabilities you may need tons of Buttons\switches. But unit that can perform many multitasking operations within one button, maybe you do not need so many stinkin buttons.....Just sayin :)

This was my thought as well. I think the new FS's look great.

...you could have up to 8 expression pedals attached that way too I think, though that would seem a bit over the top for most!

Has this been discussed anywhere? I was just assuming the number of externals would be limited in the Axe FX 3, not by the number of daisy chained floor units - but I would love to be wrong about that.

Back
Top Bottom