Reading block definitions every time?

I’m on firmware 12.03, and the other day updated to the most recent AxeEdit. Ever since that update, every time I fire up AE, it goes through the block definitions read as though it is brand new firmware or software again. Every time.

Anyone else seeing this issue?
Mine does the same thing.

If you're on a Mac make sure ~/Library/Application Support/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit III exists and can be written by Axe-Edit III. The file ~/Library/Application Support/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit III effectDefinitions_10.cache should exist. That's where Axe-Edit III stores the cached block definitions.
I'm on windows 10

This was happening with FM9 Edit on Windows 10 and 11 after the 4.01 update. Uninstalling and reinstalling FM9 Edit resolved the issue. The first time I started FM9 Edit after the fresh install it went through a read but each subsequent start is back to normal.

I unistalled FM9 Edit and still have the issue. I get the block read message and then the window closes and hangs the FM9. I’ve also reinstalled the driver for Windows with no success. I still can’t use the editor.

Last edited:
I’m running version 5 on the FM 9 and version 1.02.04 of the editor. I reinstalled the editor and the Windows diver but the problem did not go away. I installed the USB driver and it appears to have solved the issue. The editor now functions as intended.

Back
Top Bottom