Reactor FR Mono Block in rack form...

perhaps this is a stupid question... but why is there not a Reactor FR Mono Block in a mountable rack version... it seems to me that it would make more since to have it in a rack form... right now im using a carvin 1540L as my power amp but its almost too transparent.. i would like to get more of a tube feel.. and after i saw bulbs demo video of it i thought damn thats my solution.. however since its not in rack form im not sure i want to buy it.. does anyone know if there are plans on doing so? also is there anyone else here that has any demos with the mono block + axe fx?

If they ever do make a rack version, they should make it a 2 channel. After all, what's the use of having stereo FX through a mono amp?

Per Tom, from this thread.
http://www.fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14932&start=0

Tom King said:
mranonimouse said:
Nice stuff!!

Very interested in the monoblock power amp.

Couple of questions:

1. Any plans for a rack-mount kit, or indeed a rack mountable version?

2. 8 ohm output only? Will it cope with an 8 ohm --> 16ohm mismatch?
The layout of the mono block (which uses the same sheet metal as the FR Cab and Wedge models) is slightly more than 2RU so a kit would not work. I suppose there could be a 3RU kit but that would take up a disproportional amount of space and leave an awful lot or air.

A rack mount version is something that we might consider but it's not coming anytime soon.

-TK

Back
Top Bottom