Re-route front jack to rear?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Anyone do this? Seems easy enough, although I haven't opened unit up. Obviously I mean physically re-route the jack. I know WARRANTY would be void, but would be nice to plug wireless into rear for cabling ease and without resorting to other mentioned techniques.

Don't you have to use the back input anyway with wireless?

I just "rerouted" my fan wires earlier today and I'm pretty sure the front jack is on a small printboard w the headphone jack.
Not sure if the special sauce or some preamp is on that board too. If not, the connector just maaaaybe might reach to the mobo from the back too, without lengthening it (my guess would be... no :))

Seems it will reach, but you'll have to jerk out the whole mini-board ;)
If you may go straight to the mobo, you could also make a new cable that leaves both inputs working.
(BTW: pic is from another thread and indicating the headphone wire)

phones3.jpg

Last edited:
If the wireless has a normal (instrum level) output, such as the main out on the G90, use the front input.
If the wireless has a line level output, such as the XLR out on the G90, use the rear input.

Yek, if we use XLR out from G90 to rear of AXEFXII........are we missing the "special sauce" still ?? or the Balanced fixes this from the G90 ?
thanks

Only the front input is optimized for guitar pickups.

Then again, just compare and use the rear (with a line level signal!) if you don't hear much difference.

Only the front input is optimized for guitar pickups.

Then again, just compare and use the rear (with a line level signal!) if you don't hear much difference.

I'm not following the logic.

First of all, I thought the whole "special sauce" issue was generation one (std and ultra) exclusively and that the II resolved it.

Secondly, even if only the front input is optimized for guitar pickups, the signal coming out of a wireless base is not that. Not sure if all wireless units have it, but mine can generate far more signal via the volume knob, which I'd assume is what the "special sauce" is, a boost in signal.

"First of all, I thought the whole "special sauce" issue was generation one (std and ultra) exclusively and that the II resolved it. "

I sure would like to know if that is the case........

Both reasons sound good to me, so I'd say they're still being used:

Cliff said:
- ...the front input pre-emphasizes the high frequencies and then does the inverse in software. This has the net effect of a flat frequency response but pushes the noise floor down by the amount of the pre-emphasis. It's an old trick, used in FM radio and vinyl records. The basic premise is to optimize the data conversion to the information content of the source.
- There are actually some secrets in the analog section of the design. It's the reason the Axe-Fx takes pedals well. And why it's so quiet.

Back
Top Bottom