Re-installed driver, not connecting

Wildwind

Experienced
Axe-Fx II, drivers fresh off website. Search doesn't help - running Win XP.

Drivers appear to install, you get the beep beep thing - but AE and Bot don't recognize the Axe no matter what.

I have done this before - in fact just last week - and it went perfectly. I've never had one problem with an update of anything Fractal, until now.

AE says "disconnected". Bot no longer populates the Input and Output fields as it did before.

I'm sure it's something stupid. I tried different ports, rebooting, etc.

Any thoughts I can try? Thanks everyone.

Greg

Yes, left that off. I usually run a rather long cable, but it's a pricey one. I clotheslined some shorter ones and use the front USB ports instead of the rear.

All my other USB devices are working perfectly. I'll keep playing with it. I'm quite dependent on Axe Edit, though I don't really need to do any tweaking. I was going to try the last beta FW, but not an emergency.

Yes, left that off. I usually run a rather long cable, but it's a pricey one. I clotheslined some shorter ones and use the front USB ports instead of the rear. <snip>

Is there a chance this is the problem? USB has a length limitation - I believe it's around 15 feet, someone may correct me - after which it gets flaky. "Clotheslining" a number of them together may reduce this max length a bit since connectors can be lossy.

The reason we pay so much for the rather long USB cables is that they (theoretically, at least!) include better-quality materials and shielding and often also include booster circuitry to overcome the length limitation.

My cable is shorter, like 10 feet. It has worked great for almost two years and was a better one. Anyway - I'll play around with it some more.

Once I had a similar problem with another device - hooked it up to the front when the rear jacks didn't work - the front jacks worked. Then I re-hooked it to the same one in the back and it worked for ages flawlessly. Sort of like you just needed to humor the machine. Always a good idea in this day and age...

Back
Top Bottom