re: Help! No output, freezing up

mnwst

Inspired
Hey guys, I'm in dire need of assistance with 8 gigs this week! I have an Axe-Fx II, current FW, MFC-101, on 3.07.

Last week at a gig, I powered up to preset 1, everything is normal. I switch to preset 2 and no output, go back to 1, now no output there either. I powered down and on preset 1, everything is normal again. But same scenario of losing output after switching presets. The Status meters in the Utility menu shows Input but no output.

• I reloaded the FW again
  • I disconnected to the MCF
  • After scrolling through menus, it froze
  • After scrolling through presets I would hear a faint sound, clean as if the amp block was bypassed but then it froze and I got a high pitched squeal
I submitted a ticket but am running out of time. Any ideas? Thanks so much!!

Can you load the factory presets in to the bank you're using and see if this continues to happen? It could be some preset corruption that's causing the problem.

So I thought it might be just my presets because at first, the factory presets were ok. But now nothing. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

A couple months ago it happened several times to me too, then I made a factory reset (even to the system settings) and haven't had any issue since then

They were. I thought it had to do with the one expression pedal controlling volume and noticed when moving the insert cable around, disconnecting/reconnecting that it may have been the problem and seemed to have fixed it. But when trying the insert cables from the other expression pedals, problem persisted.

IIRC it began to freeze after a massive reorganization of the user IR slots I made with cab manager, probably something went wrong with that in my case

IIRC it began to freeze after a massive reorganization of the user IR slots I made with cab manager, probably something went wrong with that in my case
If you can stomach it, I'd return the user to factory settings. Restore system settings. Restore the factor banks. Wipe all the user IRs.

When you were reorganizing your IRs, were your MFC connected? I noticed that strange things might happen if MFC is connected while moving around presets and/or IRs.
Always disconnected the MFC since and no strangeness going on

When you were reorganizing your IRs, were your MFC connected? I noticed that strange things might happen if MFC is connected while moving around presets and/or IRs.
No I had nothing connected to the afx except for the usb cable

It's been happening to me 3-4 times a gig for the past 3 months. I'm in contact with support and when I'm done with the current European tour in a couple weeks I'll send both axe and mfc to g66 for a checkup and see what's up. I think it's a communication error between mfc and axe, as when I change preset / scene the mfc displays the new patch and the axe stays on the previous patch with no sound coming out. Very unpredictable, very frustrating

What? That's not true. At least, it shouldn't be -- I've been manipulating IRs and presets with an MFC attached for years now, no issues. You might need to move away from the current patch and back to refresh the state of the MFC, but that's it.

If you're seeing odd behavior when the MFC is attached and you're using the IR manager or preset manager windows in Axe-Edit, report it; that's not proper behavior.

What? That's not true. At least, it shouldn't be -- I've been manipulating IRs and presets with an MFC attached for years now, no issues. You might need to move away from the current patch and back to refresh the state of the MFC, but that's it.

If you're seeing odd behavior when the MFC is attached and you're using the IR manager or preset manager windows in Axe-Edit, report it; that's not proper behavior.

Thanks for the input. Not sure, was some time ago. will see if I can recreate it at some point.

I've had all kinds of problems with the preset manager feature in Axe Edit lately. It worked great for many months, but now about half the time a do anything in the preset manager Axe Edit and my AxeFx will both freeze. Have to power down and try again. I started a thread about it in the Axe Edit forum, but no one responded. Just dealing with it being unpredictable. I've always had the MFC connected, so maybe that is part of the problem.

Hey guys, I'm in dire need of assistance with 8 gigs this week! I have an Axe-Fx II, current FW, MFC-101, on 3.07.

Hi mnwst

You write, that the FW of your AxeFx is current, so I would think of 4.00.
Now, since your MFC seems not to be updated to 3.08, there might well occur strange things...
First of all I'd try, if that would solve the prob.

Greetings, D.

Thanks so much. iaresee suggested loading a clean file(?) which wipes 1-50 where it may be corrupt. It seems to be working. Now I need to create new patches!

Back
Top Bottom