Re Amping in Pro tools 9?

elchampion

Inspired
I'ev spent the last 2 hours trying to figure this out. I'm new to the PT world, so all the routing is confusing. Anyway I was able to record 2 stereo tracks and now want to route the dry track to track 3. Can anyone who has this DAW help me out?

Thanks!

I'm not in front of it right now, but you have to send the output of the dry track to the input of the AxeFXII. Now I'm not sure if you have to switch the input inside of the AxeFXII so that it accepts the signal so I'll have to defer to someone else or worse...the manual ;)

But after that you just take the output of the AxeFXII on the 3rd ftrack, arm it and hit record and it should send that first track to the AxeFXII and then record it on the new track.

Like I said that's just using what little I know from memory.

Don't rub it in. I'm still in the 11R ghetto or else I'd never have that thing on my PC.

But to be completely fair and not just my regular raving lunatic self it does seem to work pretty well with ProTools. The integration is obviously pretty good, but it's not like they HAD to do it this way. I mean the idea of having AxeEdit open with ANY editor is obviously the same thing and much more appealing. Of course being able to open up AxeEdit without having to fire up a complete DAW to do so is nice. ProTools works fine, but it's definitely a resource hog.

+1 on the resource hog, especially pro tools 8. Ever seen a macbook pro hooked up to a pro tools 8 rig? It looks like It's getting raped by all the hardware and cables.

That makes sense! I was doing all the routing on the re amped track. I was thinking ableton live logic, which does all the routing differently. I'll try this, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom