Re-amping in cubase. How do?

AaronB

Being "new" around these parts, im not sure if im posting in the correct sub-forum so excuse me if im intruding here. To any rate, anyone using cubase 5 know how to reamp with the Axe2? I cant find anything online. Ive never reamped anything before let alone via USB so any input would be greatly appreciated here.

Its really easy.
In cubase when you connect the AXE via USB you will get 4 mono inputs (which correspond to the 2 AXE-FX outs).
You just record input 1 and 3 in seperate tracks. Input 1 will be the processed signal input 3 will be the guitar dry tracks. (inputs 3,4 will always have the dry unprocessed guitar sound)
If you are then unhappy with the sound you just send the dry track to the AXE-FX configuring its input to USB and then record the input 1 for the reamped track.

step by step:

configure your asio inputs to 4x mono or 1x stereo 2x mono

input 1 and 2 is your wet signal and 3 and 4 is your dry signal.

to reamp record you dry signal (create audio track -> input bus to input 3)
to reamp create another audio track and set its input to 1 or 2 or stereo 1&2 (if u want to record stereo u need and stereo input bus and a stereo audio track)
switch your axe fx input mode to usb (I/O -> audio -> input 1 mode -> usb). solo your recorded dry signal track and record on the 2nd created audio track.
done.

When doing this final step dont forget to have both the fader of the track at 0 and also the master out of cubase also at 0 otherwise you wont have unity gain.

step by step:

configure your asio inputs to 4x mono or 1x stereo 2x mono

input 1 and 2 is your wet signal and 3 and 4 is your dry signal.

to reamp record you dry signal (create audio track -> input bus to input 3)
to reamp create another audio track and set its input to 1 or 2 or stereo 1&2 (if u want to record stereo u need and stereo input bus and a stereo audio track)
switch your axe fx input mode to usb (I/O -> audio -> input 1 mode -> usb). solo your recorded dry signal track and record on the 2nd created audio track.
done.

Gin - I've been scouring the internet for days to find what you just wrote here in a few lines!
Just one question...I don't understand what the benefits are of setting up as a 'Stereo' vs 'Mono' for either the "Wet track" being recorded....or the "Dry" counterpart being recorded in unison with it. Like, shouldn't I always record the tracks as 'Mono'?

For instance, when I want to record the Axe Fx (a processed sound + a dry track to revisit whenever) - I could add 2 new mono tracks in Cubase. My question is...what is the difference or benefit to recording those 2 new tracks as either "STEREO" tracks, "MONO" tracks, or a mixture of both? I'm a complete newb to Cubase and re-amping - so very curious what the difference is. Thanks!

Gin - I've been scouring the internet for days to find what you just wrote here in a few lines!
Just one question...I don't understand what the benefits are of setting up as a 'Stereo' vs 'Mono' for either the "Wet track" being recorded....or the "Dry" counterpart being recorded in unison with it. Like, shouldn't I always record the tracks as 'Mono'?

For instance, when I want to record the Axe Fx (a processed sound + a dry track to revisit whenever) - I could add 2 new mono tracks in Cubase. My question is...what is the difference or benefit to recording those 2 new tracks as either "STEREO" tracks, "MONO" tracks, or a mixture of both? I'm a complete newb to Cubase and re-amping - so very curious what the difference is. Thanks!

I think what most people typically do is record to mono tracks unless they're using some sort of stereo effect. When using a stereo effect, do not record in mono or you could have some phasing issues and your sound will suffer.

Back
Top Bottom