RCF NX12-SMA vs qcs k10 real life experience

echo44

Inspired
Ok like the rest of you I have been trying to get that in the room tube
amp sound. I have a 1965 fender deluxe the real deal, matchless, carr,
fender high power twin, champ etc. Up to now I have been using the AxeFX 2
as my device to practice with by myself. I have found it falls a little short when playing
in the live band situation. I have been using it with qsc k10 and have been having trouble
with harshness around the higher end. I also own the K12 and have similar problem.
So my quest continued because I love the idea of not having to switch between different amps
to get different sounds. So I was debating between getting the atomic 50/50 vs the matrix
when I came across the post about the RCF NX12-sma. I was about to pull the trigger on the atomic 50/50
I wrote atomic asking questions about availability and they never returned the email making my choice easier.(I personally feel its BS if a company
can't take the time to email back a prospective client)
So I ordered the RCF. It arrived the night before I had to leave town. I was able to sneak in a little a/b time
comparing the qcs vs the RCF. First impression it totally blows away the QSC. Although I still can hear the difference
between my real 1965 deluxe reverb and the AXE FX 2 , the gap has definitely narrowed with this new speaker
If I have time when I get back I will post some comparison recordings. In a nutshell The QCS sounds very plastic and thin
where as the RCF sounds more open, warmer.

Thanks Scott!

Thanks Scott for all your help!!
What a great find I had never heard of this speaker until you!
I just ordered a second!

I've yet to receive mine as well. They shipped 2 on accident with a delivery of date of the 13th, then recalled BOTH instead of just the extra wedge. Hopefully I get mine this week.

Dave

About 10 years ago, I had a Rivera Rake head 'disappear' once inside the UPS system - I was insured and collected. Refunded the purchaser his buying price. UPS subsequently followed up and the head mysteriously just went a missing after hitting a UPS distribution center about a quarter of the way to its destination. It just vanished. Not hard to figure out what happened IMHO.

Moral is that shipping snafus happen, they suck. Hang in there guys!

Back
Top Bottom