RCF NX 12SMA Question

favance

Power User
I am currently using QSC K10 and either 1) run an Aux mix to the QSC or 2) Run an Aux mix of the Band only on one side and the Axe-FX to the other side. This way I can get both the band/vocals and my guitar in my mix.

I know I can easily do #1 w/the RCF NX 12SMA... Is there a way I can do #2 w/the RCF NX 12SMA? How (i.e. use both the balanced/unbalanced at the same time)?

thanks in advance.

To the best of my knowledge you cannot use both inputs at the same time.

To accomplish what you are wanting to do with the RCF NX, I use a small format portable mixer (in my case a Mackie ProFX8).

To the best of my knowledge you cannot use both inputs at the same time.

To accomplish what you are wanting to do with the RCF NX, I use a small format portable mixer (in my case a Mackie ProFX8 ).

I've thought about this in the past (putting my Axe and a 'monitor mix') into a speaker with a single input.

If you have control over the master volume of that 'monitor mix', couldn't you just run it into the fx return on the back of the Axe, and then have it sent to the same Axe output that your guitar signal is going to?

So you're just adding a second audio path to your one Axe output? You would have to do that for all patches, but as long as you can control the 'monitor mix' output from the FOH Mixer....you should be able to get to a balance that works for you.

Thoughts?

I've never tried this approach...not sure how this would work? Since my axe output 1 is going out stereo to the board, I will probably just set the aux mix coming back into RCF NX 12SMA. This gives me less control over the mix (guitar vs. rest of the band). On the other hand, if I keep the QSC, it will handle both.

Back
Top Bottom