RCF ART 310A?

rednebb

Inspired
Anyone tried these? I actually had my mind set on a Yamaha Stagepas 500 (same as Yamaha 250, but complete with mixer and 2 speakers), but then I stumbled upon some very good reviews on the RCF ART 310 A, which is the same size and weight as the Yamaha Stagepas/250, and I think they're about the same price (I'm checking this now, it's hard to find dealers for these where I live). So now I'm reconsidering..
I want a stereo system that's compact, lightweight and not too expensive, and it would be very convenient if it also could double as a small PA system; that's why I originally had decided to go for the Stagepas. But I actually already have a small mixer that I could bring along if I need it, so then it would be sufficient with only 2 powered monitors like the RCFs (they only have one volume control)
What seems to be the most recommended alternatives on this forum are The Atomic FR (of course), QSC K and FBT Verve ma series, but all these are too expensive and/or heavy and/or big.. (Plus, I want to avoid tubes..;-)

I have one and am currently working with it going FRFR. The tech at the audio shop where I bought it said they liked the RCF over the QSC K series as he thought they were much flatter in response and were replacing all their QSC's with them for their rentals.

They get pretty loud but are fairly easy to send into self-limiting with the bottom end. I may just end up using it as a vocal/PA monitor and getting a passive, co-axial high powered monitor that can 'take it' ;-)

Like others have said, the wattage some of these powered monitors state they have may be a little 'over eager' but with a small bit of limiting/compression on the AFX (on bottom heavy patches like) these can crank indeed but don't seem to me to be a 'real' 300 Watts on the low freq. driver.

Stratoblaster said:
I have one and am currently working with it going FRFR. The tech at the audio shop where I bought it said they liked the RCF over the QSC K series as he thought they were much flatter in response and were replacing all their QSC's with them for their rentals.

They get pretty loud but are fairly easy to send into self-limiting with the bottom end. I may just end up using it as a vocal/PA monitor and getting a passive, co-axial high powered monitor that can 'take it' ;-)

Like others have said, the wattage some of these powered monitors state they have may be a little 'over eager' but with a small bit of limiting/compression on the AFX (on bottom heavy patches like) these can crank indeed but don't seem to me to be a 'real' 300 Watts on the low freq. driver.

Ok. Have you tried the Yamaha Stagepas 500 or MSR250?

I'm using one live.
I find it plenty loud enough & i'm not running it that hard.
My drummer even asked me to turn down. ?
If anything i find it a little bottom heavy so i've rolled off the bass in the Output eq.

Chuk said:
I'm using one live.
I find it plenty loud enough & i'm not running it that hard.
My drummer even asked me to turn down. ?
If anything i find it a little bottom heavy so i've rolled off the bass in the Output eq.

You're talking about the RCF now, right, not the Yamaha Stagepas that I mentioned in my last post?

Had 2 310's and used them in stereo, could never get away from the "hi-fi" sound, maybe just my programming but now using 2 vox nightrain cabs and getting rave reviews about my live sound.

Quint

Back
Top Bottom