Rate my DI reamp of Rose of Sharyn (NOT AXE FX)

Sammetal91

Power User
So yesterday I was drinking this Moviprep stuff because I had a FUN exam done today and while I was not going to the bathroom, I thought hey screw it I'd might as well work on some mixing skills. So I downloaded the Rose of Sharyn DI and backing track from the Ultimate Metal forums and got to work without my wonderful Standard because I have no SDPIF cable to do the reamping with my mbox2. So Instead I used Studio Devil BVC (free!) and Sansamp from the one that came in Pro Tools 8 LE (also free) and Eleven free (free). I did eq the guitars, used Massey's tapehead (free but resets settings every time I close the session and if I move the preset to another space and isn't bypass friendly until I buy it DOH!) to warm up the plug ins. I did nothing to the backing track which was the drums and bass together in one track. Master bus I just added 2 dB of 100 Hz and 10 or 12 Khz and some mastering which I'm not good at :lol

Just rate it and give me pointers in where I could improve my eqing and stuff in general. I must learn!

Serious man it was pretty cool but I know there's better stuff (better plugins, real tube amps, AXE FX) but when you wanna do stuff on the fly, these plugins do some good work. I need to download that tube screamer plugin though. That's just the amp plugin only. It needs melodic sludge, but just enough for it to be chunky but not murky. Here's the link for that DI and backing track if you guys wanna download it:

http://www.arcanarecordings.com/Jeff/Reamping/RoseOfSharynDI.zip

Back
Top Bottom