Random Strangeness With FX8

I've been having some similar issues. Mark from Fractal took a look at my presets and system file and couldn't see any problems...

So no one has any explanation for why it's happening or a solution to stop it from happening? After reading Robboman's post, I figured this would be a slam dunk.

So no one has any explanation for why it's happening or a solution to stop it from happening? After reading Robboman's post, I figured this would be a slam dunk.
Not yet it would seem. I thought it might have been the mains supply at first at the rehearsal studio I went to a week back but then it happened again at a gig. I've emailed Mark again and asked if flashing the controller firmware will do the trick. If its on early production models then it would make sense as my FX8 is definitely one of the early ones. I'll report back once I know.

Not yet it would seem. I thought it might have been the mains supply at first at the rehearsal studio I went to a week back but then it happened again at a gig. I've emailed Mark again and asked if flashing the controller firmware will do the trick. If its on early production models then it would make sense as my FX8 is definitely one of the early ones. I'll report back once I know.

Likewise.

I need to work with mine some more. I haven't had time to work with it too much, but the first day I got it button 4 didn't work and I though it was a mechanical issue. I rebooted and button 4 worked again. As I just got it, I assume it's not an early production model that's been sitting around the warehouse until two weeks ago when I ordered it.

I've been busy with music school and some gigs so I haven't had time to sit down and program it for our set list. I can't have it doing weird things in the middle of a gig.

I need to work with mine some more. I haven't had time to work with it too much, but the first day I got it button 4 didn't work and I though it was a mechanical issue. I rebooted and button 4 worked again. As I just got it, I assume it's not an early production model that's been sitting around the warehouse until two weeks ago when I ordered it.

I've been busy with music school and some gigs so I haven't had time to sit down and program it for our set list. I can't have it doing weird things in the middle of a gig.

Button 4 is the one that occasionally acts up on me as well. Hoping this firmware ass-kicking I've heard about here will do the trick.

Hey guys,

A bit of an update for you. I've been chatting to Mark from Fractal and the guys at G66 and they think the problem with my FX8 could possibly be the Micro control firmware. Because the Micro level is set lower to what it should be they've advised me to send the FX8 in for service.

I thought you'd all like to know.

I'll let you know anymore updates as soon as I know.

I am also experiencing freeze ups both audio working and display stopping, audio stopping hard failures. Reset, 'fixes' but issues come back. Hitting 2 switches at once.. that's a crash. Support ticket pending.

Back
Top Bottom