Random playback glitching on USB recordings in Reaper

fuzzyoctaves

Inspired
I am hearing random (but frequent) glitches when I am playing back recorded audio in Reaper. The glitches are during playback only as they aren't recorded (tested by listening to a recorded Wav file through the laptop's internal soundcard/speaker). The glitching happens one time per min. or so. I would appreciate any pointers on areas to check or research.

Note that I am using the USB Axe as the playback device to my monitors.

hi

got the same trouble with my PC and reaper.
My AFX is connected with usb to my PC (EMU 1212m sound card, with reaper).
I 've a stereo set up with a matrix GM50 (to a passive FR cab) and an active FR CAB (my 2nd GM50 on repair at Matrix).
I've got something really weird:
- when I start the PC, a small "scratching noise" pass through the GM50 and not throught the active FR
- when I laucch Reaper for a play back on my studio monitors, the scratching noise increase and is very audible... still nothing on my active cab...

A question of cable electrical isolation...? dont' have the right answer.

and it happens every time, no random effect.

hi

got the same trouble with my PC and reaper.
My AFX is connected with usb to my PC (EMU 1212m sound card, with reaper).

I think our problems are different as I am not using another audio interface as you are.

Check the sample rate in Reaper. Make sure it's set to 48kHz.

Thanks for that - it seems that 44kHz is the default in Reaper so I need to manually set it for each project. Testing now...

Adjust your buffer size in the device settings under preferences, ie: If it is set to 128 change it to 512 etc.. until the glitching stops.
And make sure it is set for 48 instead of 44.1, just noticed someone said that. :)

My trouble is an electrical one,l thats clear.
But when i launch reaper its worst ... Dont know why ...

Back
Top Bottom