Fixed Random audio drops after using scene controllers

I tried the preset again with the newly installed 2.0 (non beta) firmware and immediately the audio drops resumed. This time the audio completely stopped and never came back until I restarted the FM3. Hmmm....

I tried the preset again with the newly installed 2.0 (non beta) firmware and immediately the audio drops resumed. This time the audio completely stopped and never came back until I restarted the FM3. Hmmm....
I can't remember if this preset has modifiers on the amp block, but if it does then this is a known bug and will be fixed in the next release.

@BryantP

Just discovered something interesting. Had another dropout after updating everything to latest firmware on the FM3 and Edit. It was a purchased preset from the Austinbuddy pack using the Hook 3B model with the Stereo Tape Delay engaged. This particular preset did have control switch modifiers on the amp's input boost, cut, fat, bright switch, and saturation but the only one in the on position was the bright switch. This particular preset was with the Hook No Edge tonestack chosen as the tonestack type. After a few seconds, the whole thing cut out until the unit was restarted. I removed the modifier/control switches for the saturation, fat and bright switch and then played for a while with no dropout.

Now here is where it gets interesting. I then went to another of Austinbuddy's presets that was the same Hook 3B but this one is with the Hook Edge tonestack instead of No Edge. All the same original modifiers as well as the delay were on just like in the other preset. Played for a while without any dropout at all. Then, just for the hell of it changed the tonestack to Hook No Edge and within a few seconds the dropout was there again. So obviously something within that tonestack made everything unstable.

Since these are purchased presets, I am not posting them but would think you should be able to get the same results if you try or I can send them just to you in a PM if needed.

@BryantP

Just discovered something interesting. Had another dropout after updating everything to latest firmware on the FM3 and Edit. It was a purchased preset from the Austinbuddy pack using the Hook 3B model with the Stereo Tape Delay engaged. This particular preset did have control switch modifiers on the amp's input boost, cut, fat, bright switch, and saturation but the only one in the on position was the bright switch. This particular preset was with the Hook No Edge tonestack chosen as the tonestack type. After a few seconds, the whole thing cut out until the unit was restarted. I removed the modifier/control switches for the saturation, fat and bright switch and then played for a while with no dropout.

Now here is where it gets interesting. I then went to another of Austinbuddy's presets that was the same Hook 3B but this one is with the Hook Edge tonestack instead of No Edge. All the same original modifiers as well as the delay were on just like in the other preset. Played for a while without any dropout at all. Then, just for the hell of it changed the tonestack to Hook No Edge and within a few seconds the dropout was there again. So obviously something within that tonestack made everything unstable.

Since these are purchased presets, I am not posting them but would think you should be able to get the same results if you try or I can send them just to you in a PM if needed.
It's possible one tonestack uses more CPU than another. so if this is a CPU issue, that could explain the difference.

Overall, both presets are below 60%, but no way to tell if the amp/delay CPU core is overdriven since the meters only read the other one from what I read in another post. The delay block and one of the amp block meters are definitely showing totally red.

Overall, both presets are below 60%, but no way to tell if the amp/delay CPU core is overdriven since the meters only read the other one from what I read in another post. The delay block and one of the amp block meters are definitely showing totally red.
You noted that you removed some modifiers from the amp. Are there any amp parameter modifiers left? Even one can cause this behavior with the known/fixed for next release bug around this. If there are no modifiers on the amp and you are experiencing this, then, yes, please, I'd love to take a look at the preset. Please also include your system settings just in case there is something there.

The troubleshooting help is greatly appreciated!!

This is interesting. Is there a way to determine the CPU load on the amp/cab/delay core(s)?
I will try changing the tone stack as well in my problematic preset to see of that changes anything.

You noted that you removed some modifiers from the amp. Are there any amp parameter modifiers left? Even one can cause this behavior with the known/fixed for next release bug around this. If there are no modifiers on the amp and you are experiencing this, then, yes, please, I'd love to take a look at the preset. Please also include your system settings just in case there is something there.

The troubleshooting help is greatly appreciated!!

The only time I removed modifiers was when I was on the original preset when I first got the dropout. I removed three of the five which seemed to be enough to stop the unit from going silent. I did not play for too long after I made the change but at least the same amount of time it had taken to make it drop out previously. When I went to the other preset with the Hook Edge tonestack, all 5 of the modifiers were on the preset and it worked without any glitches. It was only when I changed to the other tonestack that I got the dropout. I never tried removing modifiers after doing that to see if it stopped the problem.

Bottom line is there were at least a couple of modifiers still set up during this whole process. If you still need me to upload, let me know.

Bottom line is there were at least a couple of modifiers still set up during this whole process. If you still need me to upload, let me know.
Even just one modifier on the amp can cause the problem depending on what else is going on in the preset. Pretty sure this is what you are experiencing, so the next release should see this resolved.

Even just one modifier on the amp can cause the problem depending on what else is going on in the preset. Pretty sure this is what you are experiencing, so the next release should see this resolved.

Hopefully that next release is very soon. At least with this fix... is a very problematic bug for us who use @austinbuddy presets

@BryantP

I noticed the same with the Hook 2B, 3A, and 3B presets from austinbuddy.

Back
Top Bottom