AFIII Radio Song - Axe3 for everything

I was listening to this again. Can I ask how you recorded the drums? I like them a lot. I like the chord progressions. How did you record the guitars? Sounds like a Tele on the middle pickups. What sim did you use? Thx!

The drums are EZ Drummer 3. Usually you choose different midifiles of 2-4 bars and combine and repeat to make a drum track. This time I pretty much plotted the drums myself in the grid editor inside EZD3.

The rythm guitar tracks was playd on a Telebration in middle position (a Tele with a bridge humbucker), and a Les paul special w. P90s. Also middle position. The lead part was played on a Lespaul standard, probably neck pickup.

Can’t remember for sure what amp models anymore, but pretty sure the lead sound was the dirty shirley with a boost in front and th 2290 delay. I still have the presets so I can check the exact models for the rythm parts, but honestly anything with a bit of breakup would do.

The recording was made on a Mac with Logic, and the Axe3 as an USB audio interface. This way I can record both the processed signal and a separate DI-track over the usb. No extra cables involved. Monitoring mostly on headphones but also a little through speakers for sanity checks.

For vocals I have a simple little preamp (Art studio v3) hooked up to the input2 on the axefx. Recording dry signal and adding a little compression and reverb in logic. I could’ve made a vocal preset in the axefx instead, but I’m still unexperienced with mixing and typically need to make changes under way.

Back
Top Bottom