Rack mounting question on the AxeFX

mtmartin71

Experienced
Kind of an embarrasing question...I'm guessing that because the Axe is fairly light, there are no means to rackmount the back of it? I've never used a rack for anything. I assumed there would need to be something to support the back like rails to sit on or a kit to screw in the back, but I don't see any means to do that with the AxeFX so I just screwed it into my Gator Shallow rack. Seems to be in there sturdy but hopefully the rear weight pressure will not cause issue?

The Axe FX is actually light as rack items go... You can even hold amps in a rack by just using the front rails. There are no need for back rails. Don't panic!

mtmartin71 said:
Kind of an embarrasing question...I'm guessing that because the Axe is fairly light, there are no means to rackmount the back of it? I've never used a rack for anything. I assumed there would need to be something to support the back like rails to sit on or a kit to screw in the back, but I don't see any means to do that with the AxeFX so I just screwed it into my Gator Shallow rack. Seems to be in there sturdy but hopefully the rear weight pressure will not cause issue?

Rack gear is designed to be supported by the front panel. The manufacturer will design rear support if needed...no worries.

Back
Top Bottom