Rack front panel connections

Hi,
I've been trying to connect with Vafam, but since they do not take phone calls, do not respond to voice messages and no response from emails, I am assuming that after the passing of the owner, they are out of business.

I can buy those connectors and plate from ebay, and do it myself, but it will never look as good as done by professionals.

Does anybody has someone else that you would recommend?

Thanks,
Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its really super simple to buy the DIY stuff with the "pass thru" style connectors and have it look totally professional. They require zero soldering. Just buy a prepunched rack, the connector you need in D-sub style, and some screws to attach them. You can add little silicon gaskets if you want to get fancy.

I did my entire front and rear rack, with XLR, powercon, midi, USB, wireless antenna passthru, 1/4th and ethercon jacks and never soldered one single thing

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 141
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 127
Its really super simple to buy the DIY stuff with the "pass thru" style connectors and have it look totally professional. They require zero soldering. Just buy a prepunched rack, the connector you need in D-sub style, and some screws to attach them. You can add little silicon gaskets if you want to get fancy.

I did my entire front and rear rack, with XLR, powercon, midi, USB, wireless antenna passthru, 1/4th and ethercon jacks and never soldered one single thing

Totally true!
Easy, solid, fancy, just as good, you won't hear a difference.....
Only thing, your wallet may be a bit heavier after buying this....

www.inbouwstationhissink.com

Bro, I'm totally jealous of that rack setup you have. How much did you end up spending on all that?

And where did you buy the stuff?

Beautiful result. Congrats! Yes, what is your vendor?

I ordered the components at Bestronics (thanks @svl), and I'll build myself too.

BTW, Vafam contacted me, however only after I ordered everything with Bestronics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: svl
I pretty much got everything from Redco and probably cost about $175ish total. Pass through connectors so cost a bit more of course. Your paying twice as much for a double sided XLR, as one where you have to solder the ends, but it's a lot less work and you don't have to worry about cold joints etc.

I then bought all my patch cables from Monoprice. They have some really nice heavy gauge stuff with gold connectors etc for reasonable prices. Like a 8" xlr is $6 or. Plug that from the racks panel to the axe and your in business

I spent a bit more than I needed really on some stuff. Like I don't use midi but put a midi port on anyways, wires up powercon Ins and outs and such. This's were like $30 but kind of cool since I can plug powered monitors into them and they are tied into the power conditioner.

I also used the slightly priced vented rack panels over plain ones, but they looked cooler, and we're easy to cut with a dremel so I racked my wireless unit etc
I figured if I was spending the money and doing the work might as well go all out. Those silicon rings around each port are like $2 each and doubt you need them, but again, what's $25 in the long run right?

Back
Top Bottom