Rack Bag Question?

lpaul626

Inspired
I'm looking for a 2/3U rack bag for an Axe II. Is anyone using this Gator bag? I'm not sure if it's deep enough to leave the power chord plugged in (right angle?). I know the depth is approx. 14.25". The interior depth of the case is 14.00" and the exterior is 16.5". Sounds like there is room in back for cables etc.?

http://www.gatorcases.com/p/29155-19/grb-3u

Thanks-

Last edited:
i have a 2 space gator rack bag for my axe fx II. i had to buy both a power cord with a right angle plug and a midi cable with a right angle connector. you can leave both of them plugged in when you zip up the bag. it will be a little tight back there but it will work

i have a 2 space gator rack bag for my axe fx II. i had to buy both a power cord with a right angle plug and a midi cable with a right angle connector. you can leave both of them plugged in when you zip up the bag. it will be a little tight back there but it will work

Great, thanks!

I got an odyssey 3 space rack bag from musicians friend and it is perfect for housing my axe fx II with my power conditioner.

EDIT: I also bought a small right angle power cable to allow me to have my axe plugged in to my power conditioner at all times during storage.

I got an odyssey 3 space rack bag from musicians friend and it is perfect for housing my axe fx II with my power conditioner.

EDIT: I also bought a small right angle power cable to allow me to have my axe plugged in to my power conditioner at all times during storage.

Which size did you buy?

The carpeted rack inside the bag is a total length of 15" and I cannot recall the option I purchased.

EDIT: it's the 16" option.

Reactions: sam
I have a Gator 4 space rack bag, and it fits perfectly in the Overhead compartment of 737's or larger, for fly gigs... ( with the right angle power cable ...)

I use this one:

2U Soft Rack Case by SKB Cases

It's a 2 space but there is room above and below the Axe to feed some cables up front. I can leave things plugged in the back with just a little bit of a bend to the cabling. I unplug them but leave them in place just to be safe.

The bigger pocket on the outside fits my wireless just fine. I bring a bookbag with my other needed odds and ends....extension cord, power strip, xlr cables, etc.

4 space gator rack bag here. Cant keep the power plug connected in the axe unless you use a right angle plug. Right angle plugs everywhere really. I kinda am over the rack bag though because of the awkward handles and front flap getting in the way.

I'm looking for a 2/3U rack bag for an Axe II. Is anyone using this Gator bag? I'm not sure if it's deep enough to leave the power chord plugged in (right angle?). I know the depth is approx. 14.25". The interior depth of the case is 14.00" and the exterior is 16.5". Sounds like there is room in back for cables etc.?

http://www.gatorcases.com/p/29155-19/grb-3u

Thanks-

I use that exact bag for my rehearsal/backup unit and a road case for my primary. I wouldn't say that there is "plenty of room" for cables in the back, maybe only an inch behind the II, unless you aren't putting a second piece of equipment in there, in which case you have the room from the extra 1u. Overall, I love the case. At some point, I will ditch the road case and get a second one of these.

Enjoy.

I second the Odyssey bag. Really nice, with good cable storage and good shoulder strap. Everything will need to be right angle in back, though, but it does fit.

Reactions: sam
I use the 16" odyssey bag too. Could have sworn they weren't listed for sale any longer, but they certainly are. I'm glad because it is a perfect fit for me and after 4 years of steady gigging the back zipper has broken on mine.

I second what others have said about it. You need right angles to keep the cables plugged in. Also the pocket is big and holds my mic, plus cables for mic, guitar and monitors/pa. That allows me to not carry another gig bag for cables. Awesome bag.

Gator 2sp rack bag here, as shown in the OP.

Pros: Pretty solid, looks decent, big outside pocket, AxeFx II fits well. I've had it for a few years and it is still in excellent shape.
Cons: You would need right angle cables to keep things plugged in, handles are stiff and kind of hard to wrap your hand around until they been used for a while.

As for the front flap, I just fold it back around and tuck it under the rack bag. Out of the way and does a nice job of angling the front panel slightly so it's easier to view.

TT

Back
Top Bottom