Rack Bag for Axe Fx 2

Ant Music

Fractal Fanatic
I'm trying to find a good rack bag for my new Axe Fx 2. I have a Gator 2 space rolling rack for my Ultra but the Axe Fx 2 doesn't fit into it due to the extended length of the chassis. After having a look through the Gator website it seems that all their rack bag cases have an internal length of 12.5 inches. I was hoping to get something that would also house a Laptop in it like some of the gator cases do.

Wondering what you guys are using?

Last edited:
Gator makes two versions. I use the deeper one and it works great. My MacBook Air rides in the side pocket. I also ordered a right angle power cord from Monoprice which allows me to leave the power cord connected to my rack mount power strip. Add a G90 wireless and it's a killer package. Here are the links: http://www.gatorcases.com/p/29155-959/grb-4u and For only $1.07 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 3ft 18AWG Right Angle Power Cord Cable w/ 3 Conductor PC Power Connector Socket (C13/5-15P) - Black | Right Angle Power Cords w/ 3 Conductor PC Power Connector

I've been looking at getting the GRB4U. Is it really 13 lbs?

I use the regular Gator 4 space ( GRB4U )... Just got a right angle power cable, and it fits perfectly...

Last edited:
Gator makes two versions. I use the deeper one and it works great. My MacBook Air rides in the side pocket. I also ordered a right angle power cord from Monoprice which allows me to leave the power cord connected to my rack mount power strip. Add a G90 wireless and it's a killer package. Here are the links: http://www.gatorcases.com/p/29155-959/grb-4u and For only $1.07 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 3ft 18AWG Right Angle Power Cord Cable w/ 3 Conductor PC Power Connector Socket (C13/5-15P) - Black | Right Angle Power Cords w/ 3 Conductor PC Power Connector

That looks cool but I only need a 2 space or at the most 3 space rack. Is the GRB 4U intended to house a Laptop? Some of them are specifically designed to house a Laptop (They have a hardened protective side pocket and ports to keep laptop plugged into the rack devices). I would love on the that can do this.

Can't go wrong with a stagg jus bought one the other day So I can take the axe to sea with me. Works just fine so far

A friend has an older style 3U Gigskinz bag that started to fall apart after a year or so, chords coming loose and stitching coming undone and screws coming out. The newer ones look better built. I ordered a Millenium one like the on that Yek linked to above, looks fairly utilitarian, will know when it arrives in the next couple of days.

I use a 3U Gigskinz bag. Looks like they don't do the 3U right now (their product line kind of comes and goes) - GigSkinz - Rack Bags - but they have 2U and 4U. Very happy with it.

I currently have a Gigskinz 3U bag that has a laptop compartment which fits my Axe Fx 2 but it's cheap Chinese shit. The metal brackets that fix the carry strap to the case both broke resulting in my Ultra hitting the deck. The zips are not that great and the felt inner lining has come loose from the actual case. Not very happy with Gigskinz. That's why I wanted something more reliable.

I have this:

SKB 2U Audio Soft Rack Case | Musician's Friend

I believe I came across it in a post on the forum when I was searching for a case. It fits the bill perfectly for my needs. The axe fits in it fine with room to spare, although a right angle power cord would probably be needed to leave that plugged in. I play in a duo so I routinely carry it around multiple times throughout the week. It seems sufficient for such use; for hardcore gigging and traveling it might not be secure enough.

I use the regular Gator 4 space ( GRB4U )... Just got a right angle power cable, and it fits perfectly...

Yep , same here , perfect.

2m7h.jpg
emw1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm trying to find a good rack bag for my new Axe Fx 2. I have a Gator 2 space rolling rack for my Ultra but the Axe Fx 2 doesn't fit into it due to the extended length of the chassis. After having a look through the Gator website it seems that all their rack bag cases have an internal length of 12.5 inches. I was hoping to get something that would also house a Laptop in it like some of the gator cases do.

Wondering what you guys are using?

These look cool, the Fusion Bag holds Axe, MFC, and some. Not small bags, but both Mono and Fusion have a great reputation and have a good selection of sizes.

New MFC Gig Bag
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/showpost.php?p=902898

Sent from my iPhone

Just caught that you probably mean "rack" bag like your post says, lol.

hey dude i know is and old post but I'm looking for a bag for the axe. my question is: can you close the front of the bag with the axe inside because of the axe-handles?

Yea man, I have the 4U version, and the rails are actually recessed a fair way back so it all fits in with the front closed. Nice bag overall, I can recommend.

I went gator 2 sp. I wanted as light as possible. I'm using a small surge protector that fits in the pouch.

Back
Top Bottom