Quiet fan in my II!

guitarnerdswe

Fractal Fanatic
I can confirm that the new Axe-FX IIs from G66 have a different fan than the earlier ones. I just got mine replaced because of a problem, and the fan in this one is MUCH quieter than the old one. Just wanted to let you guys know :)

+1! I can also tell of awayness of fan-noise-wrath. It's totally superduperquiet. When I flicked the switch I was like.. Ok maybe this is the load up mode with the fan

waking up from it's sleep. But nah, the fan stayed like that and It's so quiet I don't even notice it. This can't be the hairtearing version that's for sure. If I were to hear

of someone complaining about this version of the fan, I don't know what fan it is, I would honestly respond with a big, juicy, dripping PFFFFF!!!! :lol

I'm still playing mine a bit before writing the review, I'm superexcited!

Before I write the review I can tell you this: no I can't, it's for the review :p muhaha! :mrgreen

Last edited:
Mine was dead quiet too.. I had to put my ear on the unit cuz I thought they had forgotten to connect the fan.

So could one of you guys with the dead silent fans open the case and tell us what brand & model fan they use now?

I'm doing problem searching on the random freezes right now. If no one does it before I'm done, I might take the top of mine.

I asked G66 a few months ago, what they are planning to replace the stock fan with. They replied, that it probably will be a fan custom made for them.
I don´t know how this turned out.

They were using the XR2 and switched to the Revoltec.

I did some tests with those fans. The XR2 has a higher rated RPM and CFM air flow BUT it does not put out as advertised it was louder than the revoltec. The Revoltec is around 12.3 CFM and does a better job of cooling. (Reccomended CFM from FAS is 14)

XR2 - 2200 RPM - 14.1 CFM - 15dBA
Revoltec -2500RPM - 12.31CFM - 19.99 dBA
The tests were conducted in a room with ambient room temperatures @ 71 and 86 degrees Fahrenheit

I am using the Revoltec for now.

Last edited:
They were using the XR2 and switched to the Revoltec.

I did some tests with those fans. The XR2 has a higher rated RPM and CFM air flow BUT it does not put out as advertised it was louder than the revoltec. The Revoltec is around 12.3 CFM and does a better job of cooling. (Reccomended CFM from FAS is 14)

XR2 - 2200 RPM - 14.1 CFM - 15dBA
Revoltec -2500RPM - 12.31CFM - 19.99 dBA
The tests were conducted in a room with ambient room temperatures @ 71 and 86 degrees Fahrenheit

I am using the Revoltec for now.

Just to add. I am waiting for a replacement fan from FAS. I checked these 2 fans out since G66 was installing them. I am using what I think is the better of the 2 in a climate controlled environment.

So, are we going to be able to get one of these new improved fans here in the USA somehow?

It looks like it's not available for export to the U.S. (Revoltec Where to Buy)

What are the dimensions? is it a 120mm fan?

The Revoltec is 60x20. (Revoltec RL036 "AirGuard") The stock U.S. fan is 60x15. the Noiseblocker XR2 is 60x25.

I'm presently using the XR2, which is dead quiet, but I would switch to the Revoltec if I could find one.

Last edited:
Canadian here; I can hear the fan in the Axe FX II I got a few days ago, but no more so than on my PC or laptop.

Back
Top Bottom