Quickly switching MFC between controlling Axe and other modelers

Karl Houseknecht

Power User
Okay, say I have an AxeII and an Eleven Rack or Kemper. I have the MFC set up in Axe-II mode and I have the switches all assigned various standard functions.

Now I go to a different location, say at home or a friend's house, and they have a Kemper or 11R there. Instead of taking my whole Axe rack, I just want to take my MFC setup and use it to control that other modeler.

Is there a way to quickly switch to a mode that will work with the KPA or 11R, but still maintain my Axe-II settings to switch back to again?

how much control do you want over the other unit? just preset changes, or much more?

Seems like what you would want to do is turn Axe Mode off and then use it. However, I'm not sure if you would be able to set the IA buttons to different functions that would then got back to their other settings when you turn Axe Mode back on (I only ever used my MFC in Axe mode). And of course, this is assuming you'r using Axe Mode with your Axe FX.
-
Austin

Yes, I have it in Axe mode with my Axe.

If only there were something like "device profiles" where I could easily set up and switch between different configurations.

Cliff...hint, hint.

Unfortunately there's no way to save complete configurations within the mfc currently. Save the existing setup using fractal bot. Change the mfc for the new setup and save that one. Use fractal bot to go back and forth between setups.

Yes, I have it in Axe mode with my Axe.

If only there were something like "device profiles" where I could easily set up and switch between different configurations.

Cliff...hint, hint.

This would be awesome - I want to control a GCX audio switcher and have the same issue. Now depending on your setup and requirements you can use the Reveal feature. I program IA 1-5 with the CC# my GCX uses and access them from Reveal mode....I just need another few!

Please let me know if you find something.

I'm using the Reveal to show scenes within a patch. Default scene is usually a base rhythm tone. Others for solo, special effects, etc. For now, it sounds like Fractal Bot is the only way. But I'd like to see profiles. Don't know if it's doable or not.

I'm going to buy a K****r next month and would like to control my Axe and K****r at the same time, but just preset changes, nothing fancy. Is it straight forward? I spoke to support at K****r and they said.....

"If the MIDI Thru on your board can function as a MIDI Out and Thru simultaneously it will be no problem. Our unit reacts to incoming MIDI and will switch rigs and effects according to the MIDI data that is present at its MIDI in.
Please consult the manual of your board to find out if your board offers such a functionality.
If in doubt please contact the manufacturer of yourt pedal."

Back
Top Bottom