Quick RCF NX12-SMA answer needed...

ElectricPhase

Fractal Fanatic
I'm about to pull the trigger on an RCF NX 12-SMA. The seller is giving me a choice between the official RCF bag and a bag from Undercover (http://www.undercovernyc.com).

I would be very grateful for a brief review, from anyone who has an NX series RCF and got either of these bags. Especially the Undercover bag, since the company doesn't really give much info on their web site.

Thanks!

I've had an RcF bag on order for 2 months, it's due next week. I liked the official one since you can
run the monitor in its bag if you want to. I'll let you know

From what I've been told they're Both great bag. The undercover is like a studio slip bag if uve seen there stuff. Seems to be super Padded with a Velcro strap underneath. The rcf bag is able to stay on at all times and u just unzipper the speaker portion when ur ready to play and the area w the jacks. The rcf bag doesn't have a pocket not sure about undercover.

The NX12SMA bags I get from Undercover are full coverage with a velcro'ed flap and a zippered cable pouch.

NX12SMA_front.jpg

NX12SMA_back.jpg

Well, that pretty much covers it. /rimshot

Just placed my order. I know I shouldn't put too much faith in Youtube videos, but this one from cragginshred (starting at 1:46) clinched it for me. I just have a good feeling about it. :lol

I went with the Undercover bag since it looks sturdier, and the really long zippers on the play-through cutout of the RCF bag make me nervous.

It looks like neither bag offers complete protection from rain/snow while carrying it though, as neither has its own integrated carry handle. They both rely on the handle in the RCF, which is integrated into the control panel. That means the control panel and input jacks are directly exposed to rain/snow as you carry it. Living in the midwest, I quite often have to carry my gear to and from the car in bad weather. I'm a bit concerned about some rain getting into there, especially if it happens while loading in, right before I'm about to plug it in and use it.

Has anyone seen a good bag for the 12 or 10 that has its own handle and completely zips the speaker in? A lot of the generic speaker bags I've seen are really for a bigger speaker than this.

...Has anyone seen a good bag for the 12 or 10 that has its own handle and completely zips the speaker in? A lot of the generic speaker bags I've seen are really for a bigger speaker than this.

If you want to special order it, Undercover will make the bag any way you like.

I have the RCF bag and I originally thought I'd never use the play through piece. Now, I never take the bags off. The zipper around the play through is quite substantial and the cover folds back and velcros itself open. I agree that it would be nice to have an external handle, but with my NX10s, I can carry them underarm with no handle easily if need be. I've ended up really liking the RCF bags and the speakers themselves are the bomb. I have no monitor GAS at all and that was never the case with Atomic, lower line RCF, Mackie or Tech 21.

Back
Top Bottom