Quick question on presets

TheGoatLord

Experienced
My axe II is arriving today and I wanted to try it with 5.0 I know I need to change the amp block to a different one and then back to the amp for the 5.0 settings but will this change all the actual settings for the presets? I want to be able to hear all the cool sounds before I go messing them up!

so many people are worried about "messing up the presets." a preset is just a group of settings and this group of settings might not sound good with your guitar or speakers or headphones or personal tone preference.

i think for presets with certain effects, yes you may not want to change those because the intended effect sound won't be there.

but for the amp block, you will probably want to change them anyway to suit your taste. i think so many people get a preset and then force their brain to "adjust" to that preset, because hey, it must be THE definition of "good" since it's a preset, right?

don't let your gear define your sound. change your gear to sound the way you want.

Oh I'm not worried about that at all. I just wanted to be able to cycle through them for the first couple hours of owning it to get a feel. I plan on building from scratch within a few hours :)

sweet. i say don't worry about "resetting" the amps. just go through the presets. when you start from scratch, the preset sounds won't matter because you're starting from the "reset" amp anyway as you select your amp.

i usually make a list of the #s that i like and a quick description of what it reminds me of. making up the numbers here, but as an example:

32 - ac/dc sound
45 - clean chorus foundation
323 - wacky phaser effect (good for ____ song)

then i start from scratch, using the presets i wrote down as a guide, but mostly for the effects. have fun!

Check your firmware version in the utility menu when you get it (last page). Depending on when it shipped, it probably already has 5.0 loaded up, so you may not have to worry about setting default amp values.

When you load a preset it will be from the V4 banks.

If you dial up to another amp and back to the original it will reset the parameters TEMPORARILY to the 5.0 default.

If you don't SAVE the preset, the next time you load it, it will still be utilizing 4.0 parameters again.

When you load a preset it will be from the V4 banks.

If you dial up to another amp and back to the original it will reset the parameters TEMPORARILY to the 5.0 default.

If you don't SAVE the preset, the next time you load it, it will still be utilizing 4.0 parameters again.

This was the answer I was looking for. I just wanted to make sure before I potentially screwed something up! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom