Quick question - first gig with axe

giacomo

Hi there,

just some quick questions, I'm gonna gig for the first time with the axe this week end

I'm planning to use out 2 to feed my Verve 8ma as a personal Monitor, and Out 1 to go direct into FOH

here are the questions:
1) what should I check to see If I'm correctly using Cab Sim and Amp Sim? Just the Global settings or should I also double check any other setting somewhere in my patches? (es. Default Tonestk?)
2) Is there any advantage of using the "Through" in the Verve 8ma? in this way I use only Out 1 to feed my Verve 8ma and then go from its "Through" to FOH... might the sound be better (i.e. the Though uses any part of the poweramp inside the Verve?)?
3) Is it enough to use "COPY 1 to 2" to have the same output in both 1 & 2? or should I check any other settings?
4) Should I use any of the abovementioned settings or do u suggest me to go "stereo" to FOH and use their monitor to hear me on the stage?

thanks guys!! :)

Last edited:
1) what should I check to see If I'm correctly using Cab Sim and Amp Sim? Just the Global settings or should I also double check any other setting somewhere in my patches? (es. Default Tonestk?)
Well, if your presets all have an amp and a cab block, and they are not bypassed, you should be fine.
2) Is there any advantage of using the "Through" in the Verve 8ma? in this way I use only Out 1 to feed my Verve 8ma and then go from its "Through" to FOH... might the sound be better (i.e. the Though uses any part of the poweramp inside the Verve?)?
That's the wrong way to do it. Use Output1 to FOH and Output 2 to your on-stage monitor. This way you have independent level control on your Axe-fx. You can set the level for FOH during sound check, and not touch it again, and yet you still have out level 2 to adjust your on-stage levels during the gig.
3) Is it enough to use "COPY 1 to 2" to have the same output in both 1 & 2? or should I check any other settings?
Check to ensure your presets do not have an effects loop block. When present in the matrix, it overrides the "copy 1 to 2" setting.
4) Should I use any of the abovementioned settings or do u suggest me to go "stereo" to FOH and use their monitor to hear me on the stage
Not many FOH systems are actually running in mono. But if this one is, and if you choose to run stereo, you will only have have one of the two channels in your on-stage monitor. If you're not sure, better be prepared to run mono (so make sure your presets are mono-compatible).

Well, if your presets all have an amp and a cab block, and they are not bypassed, you should be fine.
That's the wrong way to do it. Use Output1 to FOH and Output 2 to your on-stage monitor. This way you have independent level control on your Axe-fx. You can set the level for FOH during sound check, and not touch it again, and yet you still have out level 2 to adjust your on-stage levels during the gig.
Check to ensure your presets do not have an effects loop block. When present in the matrix, it overrides the "copy 1 to 2" setting.
Not many FOH systems are actually running in mono. But if this one is, and if you choose to run stereo, you will only have have one of the two channels in your on-stage monitor. If you're not sure, better be prepared to run mono (so make sure your presets are mono-compatible).

Thanks man!

last question (sorry it may be stupid..)

I'm going with Out 1 to FOH and out 2 to my Verve 8ma. The only one xlr cable going from the Axe to FOH sends a Stereo Signal?

Back
Top Bottom