Quick Jake E. Lee "High Wire" tone match attempt.

schlagdog

Inspired
Just panned to the right since thats where the initial guitar on the song starts out and where I tried to match it. As you can tell I didn't spend much time going back 20 years in my memory to remember how to actually play it correctly. Maybe shouldn't have picked up my guitar with EMG81 but it has the new strings.

Somehow I messed up the Tone Match block and you have to load the match as a cab IR.

Attachments

• Jake E. Lee High Wire.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Jake E Lee High Wire.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Thanks, I'm having a hell of a time trying to dial back all the high end sizzle in all the higher gain amps now. They are all way too metallic and saturated now. I hope I'm just missing something new thats been added to the amp that I can adjust.

Thanks, I'm having a hell of a time trying to dial back all the high end sizzle in all the higher gain amps now. They are all way too metallic and saturated now. I hope I'm just missing something new thats been added to the amp that I can adjust.

Try increasing dynamics or lowering definition.

Ray Gillan indeed. One of my favorite bands of all time. Never got a chance to see them live but I heard they were amazing. Curious if you used the 800 amp or one of the plexi models?

Got to see them once. They were a last minute addition to the bill. Awesome surprise for sure. They were great. Jake is a monster and Ray had one of those voices that was perfectly suited for rock n' roll. Your tone match sounds pretty good!

The tone that Jake had on all those Badlands albums was just amazing. They indeed were such a great group and he is an amazing guitarist. I would think you used the 800 for this also?

Ray Gillan indeed. One of my favorite bands of all time. Never got a chance to see them live but I heard they were amazing. Curious if you used the 800 amp or one of the plexi models?

I put up the patch. Somehow I screwed up the Tone Match before I saved the entire patch but saved it as an IR i put in the CAB block. That is what I used to record the clip.

Jake was IMHO the best fitting one Ozzy ever had, which is actually for me still a little mystery. when you listen to those 2 early Badlands albums and hear what kind of bluesy guitarist he actually is, it is for me still hard to believe how it was possible for him to write that amazing epic heavy stuff. highly underated and actually unfortunately forgotten player. Lee is one of those few playes I recognize immediately. could be another milestones in rock after the ultimate sin album...but Mrs. Osbourne decided it was long beard time....and I stopped listening to the following crap.

would be intersting to try this preset in a live band envirnment. would you share ?

cheers

Jake was IMHO the best fitting one Ozzy ever had, which is actually for me still a little mystery. when you listen to those 2 early Badlands albums and hear what kind of bluesy guitarist he actually is, it is for me still hard to believe how it was possible for him to write that amazing epic heavy stuff. highly underated and actually unfortunately forgotten player. Lee is one of those few playes I recognize immediately. could be another milestones in rock after the ultimate sin album...but Mrs. Osbourne decided it was long beard time....and I stopped listening to the following crap.

would be intersting to try this preset in a live band envirnment. would you share ?

cheers

You must have posted just after I put it up. Look a post above yours and read the details. Jake lives here in Vegas an I see him about once a month here at a little rock club called Vamp'd. Jake was also my favorite Ozzy guitarist besides Randy. Every time I see him here I think to myself "I had posters of him all over my wall in highschool". I watched that Ozzy concert with him about 2 million times they played on MTV and released on VHS.

Ozzy Osbourne - "Bark at the Moon" Tour
1980's Marshall JCM800 100watt amps - bone stock (2 in rack + 2 backups)
1974 Fender Stratocaster Hardtail (also known as "Charvel Whitie")
Charvel Holdsworth model (Light Daphne Blue with Black pickguard and natural maple headstock - tremolo bridge blocked with bar removed)
Charvel Holdsworth model (Metallic Red with Mirror pickguard and natural maple headstock - tremolo bridge blocked with bar removed)

Ozzy Osbourne - "The Ultimate Sin" LP
1977 Marshall 100 watt head (stock)
Mid-1960's Marshall 50 watt head (used for all solos on the "Ultimate Sin" record)
Marshall 4x12 straight cabinet with EV speakers
Boss CE-3 Chorus
Boss BF-2 Flanger
Boss DM-2 Delay (for rhythm)
Boss DD-2 Digital Delay (for slow leads with a lot of delay)
Boss DD-2 Digital Delay (for normal leads with just a touch of delay)
Boss GE-7 Equalizer (7 band)
Boss OD-1 Overdrive (Level on maximum, Overdrive on 9 o'clock)
SCC-700 Computerized pedal board
Variac (set between 90 and 100)
"Killer of Giants" - Rockman, Rat Distortion

Ozzy Osboure - "The Ultimate Sin" Tour
1980's Marshall JCM800 100watt amps - bone stock (2 in rack + 2 backups)
1974 Fender Stratocaster Hardtail (also known as "Charvel Whitie")
Custom Purple-burst Charvel Hardtail
Custom Blue-burst Charvel Hardtail

Badlands
White Charvel/Fender Stratocaster (used on the majority of Badlands recordings and live performances)
DiMarzio SDS1 single coil pickups (always)
Seymour Duncan Alan Holdsworth prototype humbucker (used early on, but replaced with a JB)
Seymour Duncan JB humbucker
Boss OD-1 Overdrive (Live: Level on maximum, Overdrive on 7 o'clock) (Studio: Level on maximum, Overdrive varied between 8 and 12 o'clock)
Pete Cornish 25db Linear Boost set to 10db (for solos)
Uni-Vibe
Crybaby Wah
'68 Marshall Plexi (warmer, bluesy sound)
'69 Marshall Plexi (edgier, more metallic sound)
Old Marshall JTM45 (combination of the other two - dirty, but smooth)
Older steel-handled Marshall 4x12 with 4 ElectroVoice EVM12L speakers
Roland JC-120 - cleaner parts
"Whiskey Dust" - Jerry Jones guitar (Lipstick pickups)
"3 Day Funk" - 1962 Gibson SG/TV (P90 pickup)
"Silver Horses" - White Charvel/Fender Stratocaster, Unicorn Chorus)
"Streets Cry Freedom" - Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
"Ball & Chain" - Boss DD-3 Digital Delay

Back
Top Bottom