Quick guitar only rock clip in rehearsal room of GT1000FX through 2 Mesa 2x12s

Hey guys, thought some of you might be interested in this. It is my Axe FX 2 XL setup through a GT1000FX and two Mesa 2x12s, one stock and the cab on the left has a creamback H75/V30 combo. The tone is just a 6160 block plus a delay, guitar is a stock PRS Single Cut with #7s (low output alnicos).

Shot using a Zoom iQ5 attached to a phone, so this gives an idea of the in the room sound.

I wanted to see if I could get the clarity to have the melodies to come out against the chords under gain, as I like to write big sounding guitar parts that have melody and accompaniment at the same time. I'm really enjoying my setup!

[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=0U06W3nBTcY[/video]

Sounds great!

On a side note: a good example can be heard for anyone that doesn't understand one of the reasons ir's can sound so different (changing mic positions) and have such a dramatic affect on your tone can be heard at 0:03 & 0:13.

Thanks for listening!

Absolutely right, really small movements can make big differences to what the mic picks up. But I think this gives a decent picture of how the rig sounds from a few feet in front. I have only just started running two cabs and this was the second time doing so, last week I ran them stacked in a smaller rehearsal venue but yesterday the room was huge so I decided to run them side by side. All my patches are still mono effects and one amp at a time, I'll have to get experimenting with some stereo patches for fun at some point!

Back
Top Bottom