• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Quick double lead help

Spawn2031

Inspired
Sorry to bother you guys with this as I'm sure it's not difficult at all but I am horribly bad at figuring out dual guitar harmonies. I've provided a link to the part I'm trying to figure out and the solo starts at 2:10 in. It sounds like a fixed interval so I'm using the adv. Whammy but can't for the life of me figure what the lower voice should be set to. Some quick help please? Thanks!

It's mostly diatonic thirds plus some fourths and fifths, and scale/key changes twice. 3 custom scales could cover the pedal-point section near the end. Custom scales in intel. harm. mode will work; no need for cust. shift mode and global scales.

Two pitch blocks can do all that with modifiers on key & interval for the diatonic state. The remaining 3 XY states would be the 3 custom scales.

IMG}

Fantastic work, Bakerman, but changing keys on the fly is not something I would ever fool with in a live setting on an intelligent harmonizer; the hardware can't really do it justice (though the Axe is one of the best at it). Add the poor tracking on bends and slurs and you're asking for trouble. My solution is to double via octaves or fifths and be done with it, assuming you can't enlist another guitar or keyboardist to help out.

The switching could be as simple as one switch that moves through scenes and CC values as needed. That depends on the controller though.

Add the poor tracking on bends and slurs and you're asking for trouble.

I've used the intel. harm. mode for many things and haven't noticed any real tracking issues. I'd suggest checking your string muting technique if bends and slurs specifically cause audible problems. Also there aren't any real bends in this (just some vibrato and a bar dive) and only 4 notes are slurred without picking. If you couldn't get it to sound right for something else, it's probably best to start a new thread and post a recording if you'd like further setup advice.

Thanks a ton guys, actually just even seeing the harmonies laid out like that makes it so much easier to understand what I need to make the axe do. This is going to be for a live performance and unfortunately I dont have the ability to enlist a 2nd guitarist that could play it with me so working off of this info here and getting it "close enough for rock n roll!" Should get me where I need to be with this. Do you guys by chance have a preference for the best spot to put the pitch block for this for the best effect?

Try pitch at 100% mix before a separate amp block. Pitch after amp usually changes the tone in a more obvious way. Note that this won't sound right (for multi-guitar harmonies) if you try to send more than one voice into one amp block. If you ever need 2 or 3 harmony voices you could still run one pitch block before its own amp, and the other after the (non-shifted) amp.

Back
Top Bottom