Quick control knobs are not user-assignable, true?

gtrnstuff

Inspired
I did a quick search and it seems to be a sort of popular request.
I also checked the manual. It seems not.

I was hoping to assign a global level across several FX blocks that are mixed in parallel.
I figure one more expression pedal could do it, but was hoping for a front panel solution.

Thanks in advance for enlightenment provided :)

It appeared so from the edit menu on the Axe but I couldn't seem to make them stick.
Specifically I'm trying to control the level of Delay1 and Multi delay1 with the same knob, D.

In Axe Edit it appeared to work, but in reality it did not.
In the Edit Modifier window for Delay 1 level I selected "Manual D" and set a range of -80 to -6dB. Saved the preset.
Not only does "D" not change the delay level, now I can't make the delay heard at all. The bypass controllers have no affect on it.

"D" only does anything in the Axe front panel edit window, and only to the parameter it is next to as the up down arrows move the four letters up and down the parameter list.

Anything I missed?
Thanks.

Thanks!

ABCD knobs only function as modifier sources while the Control: Manual page is displayed.

Each preset will load its own saved values for the ABCD knobs. I'm not sure if this is related to what you're calling "global level", but it's different from an Ext Ctrl e.g. pedal which can affect new presets instantly based on the last value sent.

ABCD knobs only function as modifier sources while the Control: Manual page is displayed.

Each preset will load its own saved values for the ABCD knobs. I'm not sure if this is related to what you're calling "global level", but it's different from an Ext Ctrl e.g. pedal which can affect new presets instantly based on the last value sent.

So there's my answer. Oh Well.
FWIW I was using the word "global" to refer to making a submix group of several FX levels controlled by one knob or other controller. So not truly "global".
I guess it's going to be expression pedal or nothing.

this just means you attach the manual a b c d to any modifiable parameter and from the front panel after pressing the control button the manual a b c d will become active. I some times set this on delays and reverbs when I build patches, if at a gig there seems to be to much or to little I can simply press control and adjust the knob with out pressing edit to get to that block. then you can quickly save it.

I did a quick search and it seems to be a sort of popular request.
I also checked the manual. It seems not.

I was hoping to assign a global level across several FX blocks that are mixed in parallel.
I figure one more expression pedal could do it, but was hoping for a front panel solution.

Thanks in advance for enlightenment provided :)

Yes you can do it. Assign any desired parameters to the manual controller you want (a, b, c, or d) and switch the display to the Control menu Manual page to make them active. At any other screen, the ABCD knobs are already assigned to other on screen functions, so for manual control of user assigned parameters, you have to go the Control menu Manual page, then turn the knobs.

this just means you attach the manual a b c d to any modifiable parameter and from the front panel after pressing the control button the manual a b c d will become active. I some times set this on delays and reverbs when I build patches, if at a gig there seems to be to much or to little I can simply press control and adjust the knob with out pressing edit to get to that block. then you can quickly save it.
OK, I'll try again when I get a chance.
Like the knobs on an Eventide stomp box, or rack unit. That's what I was hoping for.
Thanks everybody.

OK, I tried again.
I was trying to verify that knob D was controlling the delay1 level by looking at the delay1 edit page.
Of course, the 4 knobs are hovering above 4 of the visible parameters, and turning D changes feedback. Unless I scroll right, and it then affects the entire range, not the limit of -80 to -6 dB I was trying for.
Hmm, not very intuitive.
I think I'll spend my time on other things.

OK, I'll try again when I get a chance.
Like the knobs on an Eventide stomp box, or rack unit. That's what I was hoping for.
Thanks everybody.

Yes, it is really too bad it doesn't operate that way. IMO, it's not really useful as currently implemented if you want quick, easy access to 4 parameters that might need to be adjusted on-the-fly at a moments notice. I gave up on it too.

Back
Top Bottom