Questions from a fractal newb about recording

Invidious

Be gentle guys.. I know this has been covered 1000000 times but I can't seem to find the exact answers.

I bought an axefx ultra for recording and live purposes. For live, I have the set up and use all handled so that's fine however for recording would would be the best way. Do I go from the outputs into the mic/inst inputs of my interface or should I go from the MIDI out to in and the in to the out in my interface. I know I can only use the editor via the MIDI inputs but for general recording, which is the best way.

Also, side note. I have a presonus bluetube 2 input tube pre, would it add warmth to put that between the axefx and my interface or is there even a point to that?

Thanks gents. Most appreciated.

Ok so when using the editor, is there audio or no audio during that process. Would I have to run to the MIDI AND run the audio in as well?

Yes you have to run it as well, MIDI is only data for editing not for sound. I'm going to start making quick tutorials for standard/ultra beginners like myself. PM me if you have any other doub

Do I go from the outputs into the mic/inst inputs of my interface or...
No, run them into the interface's line ins. I wouldn't bother with the tube pre, but if you want to try it and you like it... well that's up to you. Me? I'd dial in the sound I want with the Axe and put it straight into the interface.

Back
Top Bottom