Questions for those using Alto TS212

so where do you Guys set the level on the alto, im around the middle but thinking to set it higher so i can lower master volume on the axe and get a cleaner, not mushy sound, and then adjusting the rest with level on the axe, seems some amps become mushy with to much master level.

I am about half.way to 3/4 and adjust the main on the AX8. You could run your mp3 or DVD into the Alton and adjust it as loud as possible without breaking up and then use that for your reference.

I guess i will try 3/4 , i need a little more headroom for my clean presets,also i think some boominess can be tamed this way,less mushy stuff going on :)

so where do you Guys set the level on the alto, im around the middle but thinking to set it higher so i can lower master volume on the axe and get a cleaner, not mushy sound, and then adjusting the rest with level on the axe, seems some amps become mushy with to much master level.
Are you trying to make your patch louder by adjusting the master volume or level control in the amp block? It will get mushy as you raise the master volume because you're overdriving the virtual power amp. You should set the master volume where it sounds best and use the level control to set your volume.

Question: do you guys plug just a single XLR and set the AX8 to "mono-mix out" or do you guys plug both XLRs and mix the volumes in the Alto itself???

Hey guys, that post is exactly about the doubt im having for choose between Alto TS 210 and EV ZLX 12-P, At the moment I use at home Adam a5x's which are great. And crappy pair of pc speakers for listen music!!! The use for Alto or EV would be:
  • Reproduce music at home meanwhile play Ax8 through Adams
  • Play at small places Ax8 at the same time with backing tracks. I have seen they both have 2 inputs.
So which one do you think is better for Ax8 and for reproduce music??
Also I wonder If the presets I created or tweaked from Fremen mainly will translate well to Alto or EV.

Thanks

Are you trying to make your patch louder by adjusting the master volume or level control in the amp block? It will get mushy as you raise the master volume because you're overdriving the virtual power amp. You should set the master volume where it sounds best and use the level control to set your volume.
i managed to make my patch plenty loud by turning down the master on the ax8 and turning up my alto's. my presets are now more clean / open and not squashed, yes there was also the option to turn up amp level in the Block, but for now i leave it alone.

About the volume, somewhere around 3/4 is about right for our needs (VU level on board being correct from the AX8 and all that jazz).

Question: do you guys plug just a single XLR and set the AX8 to "mono-mix out" or do you guys plug both XLRs and mix the volumes in the Alto itself???

Yes. I use mono out since most places played use a mono setup. This way I have like/like simulation for the PA sound.

Back
Top Bottom