Questions for HH players

I have a Schecter Tempest that I put SD Pearly Gates in - I definitely roll off the tone in the neck PU (or middle position) on clean tones. Heavy tones with the bridge PU, never!

Do you have bridge tone all the way up?
If so, name some factory presets where bridge by itself sounds good like that.
if not, roughly where do you have it set?

Where do you have neck tone set?
Name some factory presets where both neck and bridge by themselves sound good.
I don’t use the neck tone pot but the rest of the pots get used all the time. I’m a big Billy Gibbons and Page fan.

Last night I installed a 6.6k long A3 PAF clone in the neck of my 94 LP. It’s the first time ever that I’ve had the balance between neck and bridge that I’ve been looking for.

I started with the Throbak MT102B set with a 8.2k short A2 in the bridge and the neck pup was a 8.23k short A2. I then converted the neck to a 8.23k A5, changed to a different 7.4K long A5 pup, all of them potted, and then put an unpotted 7.4k long A5 version in my friends LP.

I got closer with each one, but it was still far from balanced. I tried all of the lower the neck pup and play with the pole pieces techniques, still not balanced.

For reference/perspective, I was looking for the live Since I’ve Been Loving You intro from TSRTS, where Page starts in the bridge and then switches to the neck with the volume rolled back and gets the sweetest, clearest sound that I’ve heard from a LP neck pup.

Along with the EP3 delay block, that nerdsarewe shared, in a short slapback setting and with a little boost, I was finally able to get that tone. Highly recommend that EP3 btw, sounds great and very accurate to me, in case someone is looking for it.

It’s a shame getting old, innit? I’ll let Luke Combs tell it tho….
A cold beer's got 12 ounces
A good truck's got maybe three hundred thousand
You only get so much until it's gone
Indeed, brother.

One I often use: Life is like a toll of toilet paper, the closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

Getting old is so hard sometimes. I'm blessed to enjoy every single day despite my body falling apart

I keep both the tone and volume rolled back to about 60-70% on my Schecter. It has some snarly stock pickups that are just too aggressive for me at full mast, but they sound amazing rolled off a bit.

Volume on 10, Neck on 10, bridge on 7…I dial in all my presets like that, then it gives me room to get brighter on the bridge if I need it or want it

Back
Top Bottom