Questions about using the delay (buffer-related)

Tor

I have made an ambient patch that I think sounds good. However, when I switch to that patch, some parts of the sounds made in the last patch is placed in the delay buffer of the new patch. I know this is a spillover thing, but is there any way around it (shortcuts to empty the buffer, for instance)?

Also, I'd like to be able to let the delay of this patch ring out after I have switched to another patch, but so far to no avail... What can I do about that?

Tor said:
I have made an ambient patch that I think sounds good. However, when I switch to that patch, some parts of the sounds made in the last patch is placed in the delay buffer of the new patch. I know this is a spillover thing, but is there any way around it (shortcuts to empty the buffer, for instance)?

Also, I'd like to be able to let the delay of this patch ring out after I have switched to another patch, but so far to no avail... What can I do about that?

You would empty the buffer by turning spillover off. Alternatively, you can just use the other instance of the delay and reverb in the patch you are switching to. For example, if in patch A you are using Delay and Reverb 1, then use Dealy and Reverb 2 in the patch you are switching to.

If you want the delay to finish ringing out after switching to another patch. You need to use the same delay (and most likely reverb) setting and instance in the patch you are switching to. The should receive no further input so the can just finish ringing out .

like this (where the delay and reverb all by themselves are delay 1 and reverb 1).

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 75
Back
Top Bottom