Questions about USA Bass 400 models

deathbyguitar

Power User
So I've been using the USA Bass 400 model forever (usually the 1 model) but I can't really figure out what's supposed to be the difference in the grand scheme of things. I know that the USA Bass 400 2 model is supposed to be an emulation of the Bass 400 with the Deep switch engaged, but what does that even mean? Just more bass? The 2 seems to have a bit more output, but I'm not sure if that's just because of the extra bass, or what.

For those of you using the Bass 400 models, which one are you using and why? Also, if you happen to have any tips that I should know about to get the most out of these models, it would be greatly appreciated. I already have the ML USA Bass pack for starters.

What do you think is missing that you want to hear to get more out of it?

Besides playing with gain staging and EQ, you can change the output tubes and preamp tubes to get different tonalities, change the tone stack to another amp model to get different EQ and gain curves, or even play with the variac to change the nature of the gain, feel, and tonality.

You can also mix it up with different IR files of different cabs too.

For more info on 1 versus 2, please check here:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fractal-audio-amp-models-usa-bass-400-mesa-bass-400.115439/

I bounce between the two when I am not using other different amps. I am a chameleon based on the needs of the song or the project, so I am never married to one amp or cab.

Back
Top Bottom