Questions about the FM9 before purchasing

So I got it working in 4cm. The cable was loose in the back ever so slightly for the syn2 :rolleyes:. I didn't think to check that since in the amp modeling mode it worked fine.

Now I just have to solve this annoying ground hum. If I put a gate in 4cm on the fx loop it lowers it at the max setting vs putting it on the front which does nothing. So it's definitely coming from the fx loop. The gate slightly changes the tone also when it's on the max setting.

Waiting till tomorrow to order some XLR to TS cables to see if that will make a difference. At least then the ground lift switches on the FM9 may do something.

So I got it working in 4cm. The cable was loose in the back ever so slightly for the syn2 :rolleyes:. I didn't think to check that since in the amp modeling mode it worked fine.

Now I just have to solve this annoying ground hum. If I put a gate in 4cm on the fx loop it lowers it at the max setting vs putting it on the front which does nothing. So it's definitely coming from the fx loop. The gate slightly changes the tone also when it's on the max setting.

Waiting till tomorrow to order some XLR to TS cables to see if that will make a difference. At least then the ground lift switches on the FM9 may do something.
Is the FM9 and the amp you’re using plugged into the same outlet? If not, try using the same outlet. Also, for testing purposes, if your amp power cord has a ground pin, try buying an adaptor that bypasses the ground pin and plug your amp into it (or make your own). Running 4CM seems to be very sensitive to ground loops in my experience.

Amazon product ASIN B000H5WGJ6

Is the FM9 and the amp you’re using plugged into the same outlet? If not, try using the same outlet. Also, for testing purposes, if your amp power cord has a ground pin, try buying an adaptor that bypasses the ground pin and plug your amp into it (or make your own). Running 4CM seems to be very sensitive to ground loops in my experience.

Amazon product ASIN B000H5WGJ6
Running a tube amp with no ground is a dangerous recommendation...

try buying an adaptor that bypasses the ground pin and plug your amp into it
Um. No, not unless you connect the grounding tab to an outlet that is truly grounded. A better solution is to use a single power strip to power the inter-connected equipment so they're all at the same potential. Search for "ground plug adapter" and read the warnings for more information.

Back
Top Bottom