Questions about if im late to get an AXE FX 3

When the 4 is getting updates and the 3 isn’t… that’s pretty meaningful in fractal land
At this point the updates have reached a place of diminishing returns. Plus, after the launch of a new product, Fractal has a history of supporting the previous generation for some time after the new one hits the shelves. Is there something specific that the III cannot do that you need? If not, don't sweat it. If so, its likely that none of the other modeling devices out there can do it either, so you may just be stuck.

Hello almighty FRACTAL FORUM :D, Im about to purchase myself an AXE FX 3 but Im not so sure why but Im very anxious of that If I buy one now, A newer spec with better internals gets released In 6 months. Thats why Im asking here, If you guys think my worries are simply not worth to have please let me know. I really wanna take a leap into the modeling world but I also wanna have the best there is you know hehehhe.
I have an Axe FX 3 from 2018 from the very first waiting list. Check out the madness I have it doing....
Input 1 - electric guitar
Input 2 - Fractal Load Box, (to use with CAB BLOCK IR's)
Input 3 - RedSeven loadbox with its own IR's
Input 4 - The return of a Wet analog Pedal board.

Stereo Out 1 - Dry "amp" sound.
Stereo Out 2 - Wet Rig
Out 3 - after Cab Block to go into Wet pedalboard which returns IN4
Out 4 - Additional mono out to other mic pre-amps

All of that AND a completely slammed preset with all kinds of blocks. It runs perfectly, and I honestly couldn't imagine needing MORE power than this. I'd just be spoiled lol.

Oh yeah, people love the updates, but really, what do you want to be added at this point?

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/master-wish-list.167942/

Input 2 - Fractal Load Box, (to use with CAB BLOCK IR's)
Input 3 - RedSeven loadbox with its own IR's
As you own both, what is your opinion about these ? Do you prefer one ? I’m actually, gently, looking for loadboxes as I sold mine last year, and just discovered the red seven yesterday. Pretty expensive. I’m not interested in any ir loader or options, just one that works great.(the lb2 is already in my radar but keep interesting me of the market)

Hello almighty FRACTAL FORUM :D, Im about to purchase myself an AXE FX 3 but Im not so sure why but Im very anxious of that If I buy one now, A newer spec with better internals gets released In 6 months. Thats why Im asking here, If you guys think my worries are simply not worth to have please let me know. I really wanna take a leap into the modeling world but I also wanna have the best there is you know hehehhe.
We never know what will happen but you have a lot to try and experiment even with the mk1. So even if the update stop today, you have a lot to do with it

I don’t have the turbo, I have the original Axe FX 3, I think I‘ve had it for 3 years or so and I’m still thrilled with it. I’ve never considered upgrading to the turbo, although if I ever came close to creating a patch that was pushing the CPU, I might consider it. most of my patches are 50-60% CPU, lots left in the tank. You have the option to choose the turbo model, so no anxiety necessary. Axe FX 3 whatever version you have is hands down the best guitar tool out there…recording, live.. it does it all!

Hi Tannhauser,
I remember around ten years ago thinking, "this could never get any better!".... I was wrong - And that's what I want added - more 'wow - I didn't think it could be better - but it is!'.
Thanks
Pauly

Oh yeah, people love the updates, but really, what do you want to be added at this point?

Hi Tannhauser,
I remember around ten years ago thinking, "this could never get any better!".... I was wrong - And that's what I want added - more 'wow - I didn't think it could be better - but it is!'.
Thanks
Pauly
Hi Pauly,

I can understand that, but from the perspective of "does this deliver quality amp and pedal tones?" The answer for me is: mission accomplished.

Back
Top Bottom