Question regarding WAH and additional pedals

slash07

Inspired
Hi,
THis may be a silly question but I'm going to ask anyway:
Currently I have a Roland EV5 expression pedal working through the MFC and configured as a Wah.
I also have a Slash Wah and is currently not connected, but would like to add this to my setup.
Is there a way it can work as a complete wah it is meant to be but without the need to draw multiple cables from the pedalboard?

The other way I know is the regular Gtr->Wah->AxeII==(Cat5)==MFC101
If the Wah is on the pedalboard, one cables has to to to the AxeII, and then an ethernet comes back to the board for the MFC
Can this be done better?

Same question for things like say, I want to use an external delay pedal in the loop whilst having it on the pedalboard. Can the FxSend and return be somehow set up on the MFC ports?

The MFC does not process audio. You'd have to run audio cables to the axe as you described.

Could you put the axe at the front of the stage/near you?

Hi Chris, Thanks for your reply:)
It's possible to get the Axe close, of course.
I was trying to understand if any of the MFC ports can become routing points for these things, mapping out the functionality of ports behind the Axe for FxSend and return as this would cut out all extra cabling.

Did you spend some time tweaking the Axe wah ? I've found that I could match my Dunlop Cantrell and normal 95 Crybaby pretty easily, so I'd imagine you could tune it the same sweep range and Q as your Slash wah, and make life a bit easier than having to mess with external cables across the stage and such just to use one external effects pedal

Thanks, am planning to try out all that stuff and more ;)
On a side note: I wonder if there are any pre-set values worked out by Axe users for various well known Wah pedals and can be downloaded and applied to wah blocks alone, not the full preset

I went through and tried to match a lot of my pedals, but I didn't record the values, because I don't really want/need to mimic a given pedal, I just want to know that I can get the same tones from the Axe. I think tweak by ear to what I think sounds best rather than limit myself into trying to mimic a given pedal. Nothing wrong with trying to duplicate your same settings of course, but I think that just kinda of puts you into a box.

Same with amp models, sure you could pick the model of the amp you have, but sometimes a totally different model may actually give you the best tone of the amp your basing it on. In other words, if you want to get a marshall tone, rather than just limiting yourself to marshall models, try something that isn't a marshall in name, such as a Fayette D60 and maybe that actually will give you the tone in your head.

Thanks, am planning to try out all that stuff and more ;)
On a side note: I wonder if there are any pre-set values worked out by Axe users for various well known Wah pedals and can be downloaded and applied to wah blocks alone, not the full preset

THANKS CLIFF AND TEAM!! for redesigning the WAH block with addition of several famous WAH pedals in 10.10!!

Back
Top Bottom