Question re upgrading firmware...

Lenster

Inspired
I’m currently on 8.02
I have dialled tones both direct and as pedalboard to my Supersonic 22.
I’m aware of backing up my presets, which I’ve done,.
When firmware is upgraded (9.03) how will that effect my saved presets?

If you used the old 'Transformer Grind' parameter (which added some high end as you increased it), then you will notice a drop in some high end.

If you used the old .Speaker Drive' parameter (which added some compression and volume as you increased it), then you will notice a drop in volume. As the old setting is carried over to the new 'Speaker Comp' parameter, which reacts in an opposite way (it adds some compression, but reduces volume and reduces high end as you increased it). So an old value of '4' would have made the preset louder overall, than a setting of '0', but now that same setting makes it quieter and darker.

If those parameters were at '0' in your preset, then not much will change. It depends on a lot of other factors too. Which Amp models you use, and how they are dialed.....How much master volume, and other 'advanced page' edits?

Last edited:
I've been through dozens of major firmware updates.......:eek:
Record some clip of your presets as a baseline. Update, see if you can get it were you like it?

Some firmware updates have been a step backwards for me and the amp models that I use. So I roll back, reload everything from my backups, and try again when I have more time, or just skip that one? But for the most part, I have trusted Cliff's work and stay current. In the long run, It's worth the work.

I'm not going to update this time. I'm happy with my sound right now and playing in a cover band with many different presets that took forever to balance. The new features like the new drive don't add any value for me so I decided for myself to skip v.9.

If you use Marshall sounds imo 9 is more than worth the effort. The spkr comp makes it feel much better and 9.03 increases clarity in extended chords. Major step forward. Not sure about other amp types

I loaded it, but have not updated any amps yet. Gotta play for Christmas Eve service on Sunday so I'll wait until after that to update my amps. I use the Marshalls a lot.

The sound will change regardless of whether you reset the amps or not. But it only changes the right way, if you reset.

Awesome.
Thanx for the responses. I will back up again and download 9.03 when we get home from Xmas hols.

Back
Top Bottom