question on presets

boblazz

is there any more info on presets? is there a user area to store patches? what im getting from the manual is that you just move or delete what is there?
thanks
bob (noobie)

There are three banks -- A, B, C -- they each hold 128 presets. Fractal provides enough Factory Presets to stock all those banks. The user can also create their own presets and store them in any or all of the banks they want.

Since you can back up the Fractal to a computer you can overwrite presets as desired and always have back ups. It's a bit scary to overwrite a preset the first time, but no big deal after that.

You are correct. You basically have to write over the factory presets.

Audition the presets and save any you think you like or may use as a base tone.

I wrote over the first 20 slots with a blank preset and use that section for my stuff. I don't use more than 20 presets ever at any given time, so it works well for me. I just keep and maintain my library on my computer via Axe Edit

It will definitely benefit you to create your own while constantly striving to perfect your own personal tone. I have no need for the presets that come with the device, I believe you are better off without them. However we are all different and have our own needs.

The new XL and XL+ have quite a few open slots, which I didn't think I would care about but have found quite handy in actual use. I move presets there when I need the space, or build presets there when I am just playing around with possibilities. Another great addition I didn't know I needed!

But like everyone said, there's really a lot of space in any Fractal unit.

six banks. 768 presets. 8 scenes per preset.

You can also pull up saved presets via Axe Edit as well, giving you essentially unlimited presets.

Back
Top Bottom