Question on Output Routing

mtmartin71

Experienced
Question on the I/O mode and the "Audio" tab...

For the Output 1 Mode, I've noticed that when setting it to L+R Sum on a particular patch, it gets a certain "phasey" quality to it. When running in stereo (and selecting that as well), that tone is there but less pronounced. When running in stereo without the right cable attached, the output is much more straight-forward and doesn't have that effect. Is this a case of the phasing of having a patch with two cabs? If I wanted the more direct sound in mono, would I select Sum L+R and then only have one cab? The patch I was noticing this on was Recto 1 and the phasing was most noticeable when I ran Sum L+R with left output to left input on my recording device.

xrist04 said:
Were there any stereo effects in the chain? Enhancer?

I'll double check that when I'm back in front of it. It was the unedited version of the Recto 1 patch (within the first 10 of the Standard banks). I think I may have seen that in the chain though. One way to test this is to run a true mono chain and then listen to the differences between Stereo and Sum L+R

Looks like there was an enhancer effect in there so that's probably why the summed sound was different than the left channel only sound of the stereo output. I'll try it summed without the enhancer to see if that gives the more direct sound.

...I found that some of the delay-heavy presets in Banks B & C have the "phase reverse" option in the ON position...if you are running mono, this needs to be off (as well as the ENHANCER)...

Back
Top Bottom