Question for those that sit at a desk with a daw, etc= Pretty regular!

I use a couple of different ones: Nux B5rc and Line6 G10. Both are great for studio use. I prefer the base station design of the G10, but I prefer the folding transmitter of the Nux.

I don't think the chair is an issue as much as the placement of your device.
If the cable from your guitar goes towards the desk/top-rack/right-side-rack and doesn't sag to the floor, you should be good to go.
I designed a workstation desk with an embedded xlr/trs patch panel, sliding tray for my Korg TR, side rack for a Mesa combo, dedicated slot for the FM3, stands for the studio monitors and computer screen, cable managemenr, etc, but before I could start the build spouse caught me to finish the basement :neutral:.

A bit different approach for the wheels: I replaced the wheels on my chair with flat pads, and use a glass floor protector. Result is I can easily scoot the chair when and where I want, but it doesn't roll when I don't want it to (or get stuck in 'wheel ruts') which used to drive me crazy.

I have NEVER used wireless, well except for mics, when the venue had them there. I don't play out much at all anymore, mainly write, record and Play.........
I can afford a wireless but always wondered about the quality-I mean for recording, not playing.....Obviously is fine for playing judging from the concerts and killer bands I have seen ...............

OK. Tomorrow I am going to try something. I will put a (strong) hook type thingy in the ceiling, in a beam so it's secure. This way the guitar cable NEVER is near the ground. I have a bunch of Blue Lava 25" cables so it should be easy. will look weird but maybe it will work.......Hopefully!

I don't think the chair is an issue as much as the placement of your device.
If the cable from your guitar goes towards the desk/top-rack/right-side-rack and doesn't sag to the floor, you should be good to go.
I designed a workstation desk with an embedded xlr/trs patch panel, sliding tray for my Korg TR, side rack for a Mesa combo, dedicated slot for the FM3, stands for the studio monitors and computer screen, cable managemenr, etc, but before I could start the build spouse caught me to finish the basement :neutral:.

I have mine opposite, but I run the guitar cable around the back of the desk so it comes out on the other side. It's got a spot that it hangs under the right corner of the desk so it's never on the floor in my workspace at all.

Wheels are important so I can get to the middle of the 88-key board easily...chair has armrests that flip up on both sides. I find the armrests nice for arm support when using the mouse for long periods :)

51008577817_74e3fb0b1e_k.jpg

I have NEVER used wireless, well except for mics, when the venue had them there. I don't play out much at all anymore, mainly write, record and Play.........
I can afford a wireless but always wondered about the quality-I mean for recording, not playing.....Obviously is fine for playing judging from the concerts and killer bands I have seen ...............
I can only speak for the units I've used, but the fidelity is excellent.

I have a chair with wheels and arms that fold up. I also use a Roc n Soc drum throne sometimes, it goes up higher for a more standing-like position. I never use a cable anymore. The Shure GLX systems with rechargeable transmitters is what I use for everything. I can't stand tripping over cables.

And of course I do have to stand occasionally...

IMG_9624.JPG

I use a couple of different ones: Nux B5rc and Line6 G10. Both are great for studio use. I prefer the base station design of the G10, but I prefer the folding transmitter of the Nux.
Hi @GlennO, I had the B2 and was disappointed about its inherent volume threshold. I had a few places in our gig where I strike a harmonics with the guitar volume at zero and then try to bring in the harmonics gently by turning up the guitar volume. This didn't work with the B2, it would stay at zero volume until it jumped over its minimum threshold and then abruptly get "loud".

Would you know whether the B5RC has the same undesirable characteristic?

Thanks!

Sorry, the Nux is at my vacation home, so I can't check that. I'm a volume knob on/off kind of guy, but I probably would have noticed a problem like that.

I use a chair with no arms or wheels. I dont have enough slack in the cable I use to cause issues. I use a Mogami 6' Platinum Cable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom