Question for the class regarding chorus block

metalgarth

Inspired
I'm building a preset to simulate Zakk Wylde's tone on No More Tears. I'm using this gentlemen's video as a starting point to get there. The problem I am having is that when I add the chorus block, it immediately goes into output clipping.

The general preset is as follows: Input, Drive Block (Super OD), Amp Block (JMPre-1 002, power amp simulation on), Chorus (Digital Mono), Delay (Type not important), Reverb (Type not important). Then the output goes into a Seymour Duncan PowerStage amp then into a Marshall JCM900 2x12 cabinet.

Has anyone else had problems output clipping with chorus after a higher gain amp block? If so what is best course of action?

Thanks in advance!

Are you running parallel or in series? In parallel you run the mix at 100% and use level to set the effect level. Series works the opposite way. Also needs to be set to Mute FX In for parallel. I think that’s it but I’m not in front of my unit. Check your output level it should be 0db or close to it.

Are you running parallel or in series? In parallel you run the mix at 100% and use level to set the effect level. Series works the opposite way. Also needs to be set to Mute FX In for parallel. I think that’s it but I’m not in front of my unit. Check your output level it should be 0db or close to it.
I'm running series. I'll try this out

Back
Top Bottom