Question about using two controllers for guitar and keys

JrBean

Hi!

I'm new to the fractal world, but was discussing an idea with the keyboardist in our band. If I were to set up a second chain of blocks on every preset, using inp2 and out2 for the keys, is there a way that he could then use a midi controller to turn effects on and off for that second chain only, without affecting the first (guitar) chain?

---Basically meaning my fc12 would affect only the things I'm doing, and his midi controller would affect only the things he's doing...

I'm guessing the answer is no, but I don't know much about midi.

You can assign MIDI CC#'s to specific block iterations, so for example if you use Delay 1 in your chain, you can put Delay 2 in his chain and have him control only that block via MIDI. Keep in mind that preset and scene changes will affect all blocks together, so you'd have to plan that out in advance.

You can assign MIDI CC#'s to specific block iterations, so for example if you use Delay 1 in your chain, you can put Delay 2 in his chain and have him control only that block via MIDI. Keep in mind that preset and scene changes will affect all blocks together, so you'd have to plan that out in advance.
And so even if I set up a second chain for him that was identical in every preset, if I decided to choose a different preset in the middle of a live gig after he had already turned on his delay, then he would have to turn it on again after I switched presets (assuming that the delay #2 was off by default in each preset).... correct?

Eh... maybe I'll tell him to buy his own fractal lol

if I decided to choose a different preset in the middle of a live gig after he had already turned on his delay, then he would have to turn it on again after I switched presets (assuming that the delay #2 was off by default in each preset).... correct?
External Controls (each with a CC# assigned) as bypass modifiers can be used for this. (Leave PC Reset OFF in modifier settings.)

Yeah this ↑ will work to override scene changes if you assign a modifier to the bypass parameter of the block in each preset. I think there's something like 12 diferent External Controllers you can assign that way.

Yeah this ↑ will work to override scene changes if you assign a modifier to the bypass parameter of the block in each preset. I think there's something like 12 diferent External Controllers you can assign that way.
Thank you as well!

Back
Top Bottom