Question about preset

serge20261

Inspired
If I have for example,preset 2,that I like with say a humbucker equipped guitar,plug my Single coil guitar and sounds like crap,is there any way to use the same patch with different settings to suit a single coil.
What is the procedure,Copy and paste to another location and tweak ?
I'm also not getting how to use X Y functions,say I'm on a preset using a clean amp,and then for the chorus I want to switch to another amp using X Y,do I have to put 2 amps in the grid ? Please explain

If you want to switch to another amp you need 2 amps ... X/y may be good if your tweaking the same amp ... Ex. Less gain , input trim , master vol and more level balancing output but cleaning the amp ... My 2 cents
Indeed what said Phostenix is true ... It's good to have a good understanding of almost 70 % options that the Axe gives you ... Manual and Wiki are the best starting point

Downloading user patches without passing trough the learning curve ... IMO the worst

To answer your first question. Yes, you can use the same preset (patch) with different settings to suit a single coil. Use Scene 1 as the humbucker setting, Scene 2 as the single coil setting. Assign Scene Controller 1 to the Input Trim adjustment on the main amp settings page. This will allow you to increase the Input Trim level when changing to Scene 2. That's how I do it. As another option you could adjust the Input Drive or Master Volume levels if you prefer.

Back
Top Bottom