Question About Moke Downloads

PSea

Experienced
Moke, just grabbed a couple. Had a basic question. I installed American Girl. Sounds great, but it's hot. I'm actually using a peavy wolfgang standard w/ humbucker. So I'm wondering...is the preset loud because it's designed to be played w/ the guitar volume turned down more or do i just need to level the preset like I would any others? Just wondering about the mindset. Much appreciated.

BTW, it sounds great! thanks

Hi @PSea
  1. What firmware are you running?
  2. What 'Pickup Output' version are you using? My EVH Wolfgang Special needs to use the 'High Output Pickups' versions.

1. running 5.0 w dynacabs
2. used the humbucker high output option.

to be clear, not complaining. just wondering about design and how i should approach volume attenuation.

1. running 5.0 w dynacabs
2. used the humbucker high output option.

to be clear, not complaining. just wondering about design and how i should approach volume attenuation.
Okay, Are you using the included IR? If not, you will need to lower the Cab block 'Level' parameter to '0.0' dB. Any Factory IR will be around 5 dB louder than the custom IR supplied.

Otherwise, leveling any preset is done using the 'Level' parameter in the Amp block. Assuming the levels are not being raised or lowered somewhere else in the signal chain.

The preset should end up around the '0' line on the Output block VU meter for typical rhythm scenes. Solo tones/scenes will by higher than that, but should still be safe from internal clipping.

The 'Leveling Tool' is very handy for this. You can see the Output 1 and 2 VU meters while having access to the Amp 1 and 2 'Level' parameters all in one popup screen.

Last edited:
thanks. yes, using the included IR for the full moke experience ;-)

and also leveling via the level knob using the preset leveling tool.

thanks for the quick responses. enjoy the nt!

thanks. yes, using the included IR for the full moke experience ;-)

and also leveling via the level knob using the preset leveling tool.

thanks for the quick responses. enjoy the nt!
No worries. You can always use the 'Contact' tab on my site to get ahold of me.

Back
Top Bottom