Question about Midi Block

I have a question about the midi block and FC12, that I can't quite figure out.
I want to switch between a value of 0 and 127 for #CC91 on the midi block. It's there (pictured below) and when I press command 1 and 2 TEST, the #CC91 switches my audio switcher fine. So that works.
But how can I switch on the FC12 between command line 1 and 2? Making the function go ON and OFF?

Thanks for any info!

Schermafbeelding 2020-01-12 om 17.22.50.png

The Scene Midi block is triggered when a scene is loaded. I don't believe there's another way to trigger that.

Also, it does not require being in the audio signal path as you have it since it doesn't pass audio.

You can put it anywhere on the grid.

You probably want to check the FC manual for Control Switch midi to trigger a midi change via FC, unless you specifically want to trigger the change with a scene change.

Ah ok.. that's what I figured. I wanted to switch between those two commands but could only switch it through scenes.
Too bad but I will try to make it work. Thanks for your quick answer!

So I set up CS1 (described below) in the Fractal III to control CC91 to switch between a value of 0 and 127 (on and off)
But when I select a pedal button on the FC 12 to 'Control switch' and switch CS1, nothing happens....

SETTING UP THE MIDI PAYLOAD FOR A CONTROL SWITCH:
  • On the Axe-Fx III, open the SETUP | FC Controllers menu and page to the “CS MIDI” tab.
  • Use NAV buttons and the VALUE wheel to get around the page.
  • Select the desired control switch at the top of the menu. (CS1, CS2, etc.)
  • Make sure ENABLED is set to “YES” if you want the switch to send MIDI.
  • NAV through the table and create your desired MIDI Payload of up to four commands, with different values for ON and OFF
    For each command, selecting whether you want a Program Change (PC) or Control Change (CC) message. Set the MIDI Channel for that command as desired from 1–16.
    If you chose a CC Command, set the CC Number.
    Set the desired Values for when the switch is ON and when it is OFF.
    You can select values from 0–127, or “--” which means “send nothing.”
  • There is no need to save CS MIDI settings. They take effect immediately.Schermafbeelding 2020-01-12 om 18.10.10.png

Did you configure it like this?

CS1.JPG

EDIT: never mind, didn't see you already solved it

Last edited:
That's it. Thank you! It's just a problem now that when I select the preset the CS1 always defaults to ON, while I want default to be OFF.
There is another setting called CS Midi Per Scene (something like that). You set the value you want as the starting point for the scene.

Ah ok I erased the Midi block. Doesn't really help though.
Now I have only CS1 assigned to #CC91. However when I go to the specific preset, it defaults with LIGHT ON on the FC 12 foot switch for that CS1 switching function, but with CC91 not activated. I have to press the FC12 footswitch that's assigned to CS1 twice. First time i press it, light goes off on the FC12 and nothing happens. Second time I push the foot switch on FC12, light comes back on and CC91 is finally activated. So in other words, to activate CC91 I have to push that FC 12 twice.

CS1 assigned to switch a boost function on the amp on and off.
Sounds simple.. just always starts with Lights for the switch on and have to press it twice to get any switching happening.

IMG_3655.jpeg
Schermafbeelding 2020-01-12 om 21.48.34.png

Back
Top Bottom