Question about MFC Edit

Eliju

Experienced
I exported my sysx file from the MFC and imported it into MFC Edit. Everything showed up in the editor except the IA initial states and the per-preset expression pedal settings. Is there a way to import these settings or do I need to set this for each preset? That'd be a terrible undertaking.

I exported my sysx file from the MFC and imported it into MFC Edit. Everything showed up in the editor except the IA initial states and the per-preset expression pedal settings. Is there a way to import these settings or do I need to set this for each preset? That'd be a terrible undertaking.

I think I understand your question. The actual "IA initial states" are not stored by the MFC, they are stored in the Axe-Fx preset. The per-preset expression pedal settings should most definitely be in the PRESETS page when you select that preset. Is that not the case? Go to the PRESETS page and switch between presets that have different EXP Pedal settings and you should see them change. If not, please open a support ticket and include screen shots, the Operating System and MFC-Edit version you're running and I'll take a look.

You can also send an email to mfcedit@fractalaudio.com and attach the sysex file in question and I'll take a look for you.
-G

I think I understand your question. The actual "IA initial states" are not stored by the MFC, they are stored in the Axe-Fx preset. The per-preset expression pedal settings should most definitely be in the PRESETS page when you select that preset. Is that not the case? Go to the PRESETS page and switch between presets that have different EXP Pedal settings and you should see them change. If not, please open a support ticket and include screen shots, the Operating System and MFC-Edit version you're running and I'll take a look.

You can also send an email to mfcedit@fractalaudio.com and attach the sysex file in question and I'll take a look for you.
-G

Ok I'll double check that. So what is the purpose of the IA buttons on that page? I don't think I really have a need to set them for anything, just curious about them.

Ok I'll double check that. So what is the purpose of the IA buttons on that page? I don't think I really have a need to set them for anything, just curious about them.
The IA Switches can be used for many, many purposes beyond just switching effect blocks in the Axe-Fx. Also, you may wish to change which IA switch switches which effect block. You'd probably benefit from reading the MFC-101 Owner's Manual from front to back. It doesn't take long and its well worth it. The MFC-101 Owner's Manual can be accessed from the MFC-Edit Help menu for convenience.

The IA Switches can be used for many, many purposes beyond just switching effect blocks in the Axe-Fx. Also, you may wish to change which IA switch switches which effect block. You'd probably benefit from reading the MFC-101 Owner's Manual from front to back. It doesn't take long and its well worth it. The MFC-101 Owner's Manual can be accessed from the MFC-Edit Help menu for convenience.

I was able to configure all my IA switches and all that good stuff. I'm just wondering what the IA initial state buttons are for in MFC edit if the iA switches are stores in the axe. I read the manual so maybe I'm just missing something.

Sorry, in my haste to respond I misunderstood your question. IA Switches can have an initial state. It is the Effect Block initial state that is remembered by the Axe-Fx preset.

The "initial state" setting of each switch on the PRESET page is ignored unless the "send with preset" parameter is turned on.

Look on the IA SWITCHES page of MFC-Edit; there's a column labeled "Send w/prst" next to the Switch "Type" column. When this column is set to "yes" for an IA Switch, then the on/off message for that switch is sent whenever you change presets with the MFC-101. If the IA Switch initial state is "On" in the PRESETS page, then when you select that preset the IA Switch state for that preset will be sent. If the "Send w/prst" column is set to "no" then neither the on nor the off messages are sent when any preset is selected in the MFC-101.

It's on page #17 of the MFC-Edit Owner's manual. You will get much more power out of your MFC-101 if you read the MFC-Edit and MFC-101 Owner's Manuals. I don't mean to belabor the point, but I for one wouldn't want to own a Ferrari and drive it only in 1st gear ;)

Back
Top Bottom