Question About Making Humbuster Cables

Rane

Experienced
Am I correct in assuming that putting a jumper between the ring and the sleeve on one end of a stereo cable would be the same as making TRS to TS Humbuster cable?

Thanks!

Good suggestions mr_fender.

Perhaps a better suggestion is to use a different brand of connector for each end. In my experience tape will get old and fall off and paint will chip away over time if your cable gets much use, is stored outside, etc. But then it's still up to you to remember "the Switchcraft connector is this side and the Neutrik connector is ths isde."

Yeah, mark the mono end with paint or tape or something since they both will look identical.

Another possible solution (although still requires the memory banks to retain) might be to take a fine-toothed file and make a few passes along the metal rim of the jack (the flat area the male jack extends from) on three or four sides, so you could feel the difference even in a bad lighting situation. If you don't have a jack with the metal rim exposed, a zip tie cinched down (tail trimmed as flush as desired) just above the jack housing could also provide both visual and tactile reference. Good luck.

Cheers,

Lee

Good idea. Dremel tool would work as well to put some groves or lines on it too. Light often sucks when setting up.

Good suggestions mr_fender.

Perhaps a better suggestion is to use a different brand of connector for each end. In my experience tape will get old and fall off and paint will chip away over time if your cable gets much use, is stored outside, etc. But then it's still up to you to remember "the Switchcraft connector is this side and the Neutrik connector is ths isde."

Yeah - what I do is buy some TS plugs that are different to the other TRS ends & add them.

Another possible solution (although still requires the memory banks to retain) might be to take a fine-toothed file and make a few passes along the metal rim of the jack (the flat area the male jack extends from) on three or four sides, so you could feel the difference even in a bad lighting situation. If you don't have a jack with the metal rim exposed, a zip tie cinched down (tail trimmed as flush as desired) just above the jack housing could also provide both visual and tactile reference. Good luck.

Cheers,

Lee

Also rub some pineapple( or your favorite fruit) on one end if you cant see or feel. Use the sniffer.

Haha, too funny. I suppose if the allergies were acting up, and the nose was clogged, the next step would be to give it a quick lick. Just have to make sure no live wires happen to get into the hands. ;)

Cool, thanks guys. I just put a zip-tie on the one end.

I'm using the effects loop to use the Axe as an insert effect for vocals. Even with a balanced input and the humbuster out, it still adds a bit of hiss to the signal. I can't seem to get rid of it. Any ideas? I'm using a Mark I Axe II.

Back
Top Bottom