Question about delay

thinknolimitz

Inspired
Hi All

This is not specific question about the delay block (and maybe a stupid question). Actually I would like to know if there's a block that I can use to postpone/delay the input tone around 100 ms (or less) and without changing the input tone.

I can use delay block, but it will change the input tone.... IMO.
Please advise, and sorry for my English...if confuse.

Thanks,

have you tried the delay in the cab block? not sure how high it can go.

if you use a Digital delay type and mix to 100%, it shouldn't change the tone. check the EQ pages in the Delay block.

have you tried the delay in the cab block? not sure how high it can go.

if you use a Digital delay type and mix to 100%, it shouldn't change the tone. check the EQ pages in the Delay block.

Thank you chris, I will try digital delay. Do you mean 100% mix or 0%...I thought 0% is dry and 100% wet, isn't it?

100% is completely wet. if you want to delay the entire tone, then you want only the delayed tone, which is 100%, completely wet.

if you set it to 0%, there is no delay and you won't have your tone delayed. unless i misunderstood the question.

Yes Chris is right. Use the digital delay 100% wet. Why do you want to do this?

Yes Chris is right. Use the digital delay 100% wet. Why do you want to do this?

I read somewhere (forgot the link) couple months ago about how to mixing the guitar tone so it has huge sound. The writer said to duplicate the track and shift it a little bit and set different panning position. I tried it and sound better. Then I just thought if we could do the same from the axe-fx directly....just thought, not sure about it.

I love this trick but I use any mono delay set it 100% right or left but only about 10% mix to get the dry and a doubling repeat at 100 to 200 ms you don't really want to here it as a delay repeat. makes big sound but muds up fast palm muted stuff like djent.

Back
Top Bottom