Question about connecting axe-fx to recording interface?midi

bmf5150

i just got my axe-fx.so far i love it.i wanted to know if i can hook the midi up to it through my presonus fp10 firwire recording interface.can i transfer patches or even update software to the axe-fx through the presonus?thanks for the help..

Re: Question about connecting axe-fx to recording interface?

You can search in this thread if someone reported about your interface.

Theorically all interface with MIDI I/O should work with the Axe-FX. Practically, a very few ones don't.

Anyhow, you have your Axe-FX, your interface, why don't you try yourself, you're the one which is in the best position to answer to yourself :mrgreen:

Reiep said:
You can search in this thread if someone reported about your interface.

Theorically all interface with MIDI I/O should work with the Axe-FX. Practically, a very few ones don't.

Anyhow, you have your Axe-FX, your interface, why don't you try yourself, you're the one which is in the best position to answer to yourself :mrgreen:
im in the process of that now,thanks for the advice.i will report back..

Reiep said:

This works sooo good many many questions in forum, including few of my own. :D

I understand that if someone doesn't know at all how MIDI or S/PDIF or [name of any connection] will behave, it can be stressful to plug something unknown in a $/€2K piece of gear, there are for example with "real" amps the impedances to match that can hurt it.

Hopefully with MIDI there's no risks.

Back
Top Bottom